Will this upper work with glock mags?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
@rOmiLaYu go buy a ramped bolt and I will buy a non ramped so @Mac11FA can do some free work. But seriously how ever it works out somebody get this man a non ramped bcg
But that isn't what he is wanting to do. Ramped vs. Non-ramped is a hammer thing, then you have Glock cut vs. Colt cut. So there's four types of bolts, it would appear. Glock cut, ramped and not; then Colt cut, ramped and not.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
With 4 different bolts that gives us options. If @Mac11FA has them to machine he can set it up to help others get there's done as well.

This could be part of a SET designed lowers. 9mm ARs I like it.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I am only offering to cut the ramp for a bolt to be compatible with a Glock mag lower. The ramped vs non-ramped is a hammer thing as Romi said. I think that for a 9mm bolt to work with Glock mag it just needs some relief cut down one side.

Reactions: Red Dawn

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I am only offering to cut the ramp for a bolt to be compatible with a Glock mag lower. The ramped vs non-ramped is a hammer thing as Romi said. I think that for a 9mm bolt to work with Glock mag it just needs some relief cut down one side.
From what I understand both sides need relieving but I could be wrong.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
From what I understand both sides need relieving but I could be wrong.
You are probably correct. I read a quick thread on someone modifying a CMMG bolt for and they made it sound like only cutting on one side. Of course, with a mill I can cut on as many sides as needed once set up!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Post I reviewed about bolt modification:

Fitting a CMMG bolt carrier to a Glock AR Lower
My adventure to build the perfect 9mm AR has taken a few twists and turns but I now have a Glock 9mm AR that runs great. I ran 100+ rounds through it last night without a single issue.

I started with a mag block (for Colt mags) in one of my lowers that ran pretty well. I already have a CMMG 9mm AR so I'm used to the Colt mags and how much they suck. Ok, the loader makes them tolerable but I hate relying on a loader and already have a ton of Glock 17 mags so I wanted to go Glock with the lower.

I found a QC10 lower (Thank you Baltimore's Best Pawn!) but spent the last week trying to find the correct BCG to run with the Glock mags. I did find a place that would cut my CMMG 9mm BCG if I shipped it to them but I'm impatient and the CMMG bolt was a spare so out comes the Dremel.

The issue is the bottom of the CMMG bolt carrier is made to fit the Colt mag feed lips. The Colt mag feed lips are wider than the Glock so the CMMG bolt carrier will not fit through the top of the Glock mag. I figured I'd have to remove a little material from both sides of the bottom of the bolt carrier but ended up only having to gind on one side. I tried to buff it a little to smooth it some but this bolt carrier is not going to win any beauty contests!

Reactions: Red Dawn