Which to carry??

American Revival Apparel Company

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
As long as I am still around to actually have to worry about replacing a firearm that I just used to save my life or the lives of my family, I will buy them by the dozen.

cjohnston

Scout
Jun 10, 2013
Palm Harbor, FL
mukwah said:
Had some thoughts last night while going over self defense and tactical move scenarios in my head as I often do. I was thinking that if I was to (God Forbid) ever have to use my firearm to defend myself or protect my loved ones or innocents what would happen to the firearm in the aftermath? I'm sure it would probably be confiscated or taken as evidence. My question was when would I get it back or would I ever get back? This makes me rethink what I carry and what I am willing to give up for who knows how long, or permently.
I have some friends in Law Enforcement that I would like to ask about this thext time I run into them.
What are some of your thoughts on this, or can anyone shed any light on this subject? :-\

I'm sure this answer would vary by state...but in FL, they'd arrest you and confiscate your weapon. After spending a night in jail and all evidence pointed to your legal use of force, you'd be released and would eventually (who knows how long) get your weapon back. At least, that's what they tell you in the CC course!

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I've been asked a couple of times if I had any concerns about getting the Kimber I own back after a shooting incident. LOL. I have none because it could always be replaced, if necessary. But should it get lost while in the hands of a law enforcement agency there will be accountability. My main concern is staying alive and out of a jail cell.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I'm thinking that if its my LC9..or my LCR...I'm still good. Cause I still have the other one. And elsie pea is always in my left back pocket. (by the way...I took her out and cleaned her last saturday. She had dust where I didn't even know she had places.!)

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
After the recent events, I know that street violence will become worse. I am really rethinking my carry of just a LCP. I will at least carry the LC9 and maybe the LCP also. Come winter, I'm going for my SR9c.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
An XDS is about the same size as an LC9. 5 + 1 of .45 in a compact pistol that is very easy to conceal IWB.

R

rayzer007

lws380 said:
An XDS is about the same size as an LC9. 5 + 1 of .45 in a compact pistol that is very easy to conceal IWB.

I was just watching some reviews on the Winchester Ranger T .45 round ... wow. If I was looking for a .45 - the XDs would be my choice. Shot my buddies XDs Memorial Day; excellent size for so powerful a cartridge. I know you got two of them!

Ray

M

mukwah

Re: Re: Which to carry??

lws380 said:
Plus carry a back up extended mag for 7 more rounds.
a3e9u3uh.jpg

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.