When will HPA pass?

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
With this VA shooting, we may have some issues!
I think as much as we all want and know it would be a good thing. The politicians are probably thinking that they don't want to have their vote attached to the bill if a mass shooting happens and a Suppresor is used. Not because it would be their fault, but because of the appearance and the shit the left will say.

I still think a more attainable goal would have been to make the process more efficient, getting wait times down significantly would have been a good first step.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Sadly I still don't think it will pass. I think the republicans will pass some pro-gun law to appease their voting base but I think the HPA is not going to be that law.
See? That's what I'm talking about. If the politicians think we don't truly expect it to pass, it becomes a bargaining chip. They pitch it to us so we'll vote for them. Then another bill they want to pass comes up and they think, "meh, our constituents don't really believe it will pass anyway. We'll drop support of it and in return the others will help support this one."

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
See? That's what I'm talking about. If the politicians think we don't truly expect it to pass, it becomes a bargaining chip. They pitch it to us so we'll vote for them. Then another bill they want to pass comes up and they think, "meh, our constituents don't really believe it will pass anyway. We'll drop support of it and in return the others will help support this one."

I'm just being honest. I've called and emailed my reps several times. I've had my family do the same. I want it to pass and I, like everyone else here, knows it's a smart bill to pass.

I just think it was not a good idea to shoot for the moon the first chance we have. We have had our rights slowly taken away over the years. It worked partially because they were small things. I think we would have had a better chance with several small victories over the next few years and then a big push for the HPA.