When is it time to pull the trigger?

Howard Law

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
You're in a checkout lane in the store. You're sitting in a pew at church. Choose your circumstances beyond being in a crowd of any size...

You see a guy in the crowd pull his weapon.

You are armed as well you should be.

What do you do?

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
That is a tough question. It may be a good guy seeing something going down And Drawing to protect himself.
I would hope I would not jump to any conclusions. There are so many variables.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Find an exit if possible. I'm not a cop and have a CHL for me and family, not others. Most everyone else has the same option and if they choose not to have a CHL and not protect themselves, why should I protect them? If no exits and I can't escape, then I'll have to evaluate my options.

karacer

Hunter
Dec 21, 2013
PA
I pray to the man above that I never have to make that decision. But, if anyone out there attempts or does hurt one of my Godchildren in anyway, then all bets are off.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
There's never going to be a perfect scenario of something like this happening. Even having the gunman facing toward or away from you will make a life or death difference.

I'm no hero. My family comes first and making them difficult targets is the priority for me. Keep them low and behind cover... even if it is just a visual block. We're talking seconds here so for the bunch of scenarios, I have one priority... family safety before gunplay.

With that said...

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
RICHGCOOP said:
That is a tough question. It may be a good guy seeing something going down And Drawing to protect himself.
I would hope I would not jump to any conclusions. There are so many variables.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

You betcha.... it's one of those play it as it goes situation. You see him pull the weapon and then wait to see where it's going.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Slowhand said:
You betcha.... it's one of those play it as it goes situation. You see him pull the weapon and then wait to see where it's going.
Agreed... I'm expecting any scenario to be a play as it goes situation. I've got to keep my initial responses limited to simple awareness and reaction. What follows... follows.