Whats on your “short list”?

GA Firing Line

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I currently collect Colt revolvers, so that list could be long. However, practically speaking, what I currently intend to pick up is an inertia driven shotgun. I have many shotguns for many purposes from collector and field grade over/unders, to pump home defense guns, and even a few gas operated semi-autos. But on bird hunts through the woods or rough terrain I'd like to pick up a lightweight inertia gun next. Probably a Benelli. My father has a few and I've hunted with them and like them. But my intent is to beat it up in the woods so I may even go cheaper. With Stoeger and the other Benelli subsidiaries building cheaper versions these days, and even Dickinson making one now, I may just pick one of those up for this season to see how it goes.

Reactions: chance

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I currently collect Colt revolvers, so that list could be long. However, practically speaking, what I currently intend to pick up is an inertia driven shotgun. I have many shotguns for many purposes from collector and field grade over/unders, to pump home defense guns, and even a few gas operated semi-autos. But on bird hunts through the woods or rough terrain I'd like to pick up a lightweight inertia gun next. Probably a Benelli. My father has a few and I've hunted with them and like them. But my intent is to beat it up in the woods so I may even go cheaper. With Stoeger and the other Benelli subsidiaries building cheaper versions these days, and even Dickinson making one now, I may just pick one of those up for this season to see how it goes.
The wrist on the Stoegers used to be incredibly long. Maybe they've changed their stock design, I dunno. They certainly aren't in the same league as Benelli though. When you store it in your safe, put it in upside down to keep oil from migrating into the moving bits. If oil builds up and creates hydraulic pressure in the piston/cylinder area in the stock, it can induce malfunctions. Aside from that they're bullet proof.

Last edited:

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
A semi-auto 12 is really the only thing I want badly enough to spend the money on it...
I'd love to get a SPAS12, but there's some serious hate out there over reliability.
Cool factor, go for a SPAS. Reliability, Go for a Benelli. I would NEVER choose the SPAS for fighting if given a choice. Even in pump. My Benelli M2 eats anything and has never failed to cycle anything I’ve fed it. Even after 500 rounds of the cheapest garbage low brass birdshot.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My short list gun, I’m still looking at a Volquartsen Scorpion 4.5 in OD green. Though some twisted part of me wants a Chiappa Little Badger just for the hell of it. Either that or a Henry AR7 to customize. Have no idea why. Lol

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I need a threaded HK45, I might even put up my Sig nightmare carry

Reactions: Rwjeter

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I don't have short list. My attention span is to short for those. I do have lots of build ideas though and plenty of wants.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
After today, definitely a CMMG Anvil in .458 Socom. They have one in 6.5 Grendel too that's a pretty sweet shooter but I gotta compensate for my tiny penis with the .458.