What to do with no .22? Airgun of the week!

American Revival Apparel Company

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Want to shoot your favorite .22 cal. but no ammo? Here is one fun gun that has more recoil and operates like a real Pistol. Blowback and locks back on last round. The mag holds 16 rds of BB's and they go fast so stock up. These guns make great trainers for point and shoot, holstering etc. Good news is the German-made gun even sells at Walmart for around $75.00. Be fast to get one, the clerk who just bought her husband one, said they go fast. The WALTHER CP88 COMPACT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE0W7oS0yG0

OR YOU CAN GET THE AIRSOFT VERSION

Umarex Walther P99 CO2 Blowback Airsoft Pistol Field Test Shooting Review

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Rich, I remember when I use to really advocate shooting rimfires as a cost effective way to train. Plus there are just plain fun to shoot. I took a lot of heat from some, that thought I was crazy. Well, the same with airguns.

The blow back guns are such a great trainer. The pistol mentioned shoots so similar to my Ruger SR22 in feel and trigger pull. As I said, the recoil is more on the BB gun, but I like that. A huge fact is the amount of fast POINT and SHOOT proficiency you attain with one of these pistols. Practice is easy. You can shoot 5 mags in the morning, come back home and shoot another 5 mags. Sometimes on the weekends I shoot 4 or 5 times a day.

Premium BB's cost less than $2.00 per thousand and you can get about 5 magazines shot with One C02 cartridge at about 50 cents. No more trips to the range, no range fees, and you can even set up multiple targets in back yard.

Practice often and you quickly can come to center mass on a target without really trying. Here are some backstops that are easy to make and Place anywhere, in trees, back yard, garage, inside of house etc.

Pellet traps

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Dave, that 1911 sure looks good.
You don't happen to know about what those retail for do you?

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Trigger_1 said:
Wowww....That gun is a class act....I wish it would shoot faster though..... 8)

Trigger, those FPS speeds are plenty fast for close, standard pistol shooting. Of course non blow back, like my Walther CP 88 are faster and use a PELLET instead of BB. This gun is very popular in the UK where they do a lot of Iron Plate shooting.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Dave.... The Walther CP99 compact blowback pistol would be fun for shooting paper and practice.... 8)
300 FPS would be plenty good for that....... :p
And it looks so real too..... :eek:

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I sent my son on an ammo expedition to Fin, Feather, & Fur.

He reported CCI .22 LR 325 bulk packs at $32, then looked at and purchased a spring loaded 300 fps airsoft Sig 226 on sale for $24 with 2000 rounds of plastic ammo. I believe it's a Palco KA-10 for what it's worth.

He brought it home, we taped a paper target to a safe part of our fence and pounded a lot of rounds through it before dinner. It was a ball to say the least. It was pulling consistent 2" groups ant 15 yards.

It also amplified the little recoil related habits I got into. Isn't that part of why we spend so much time at the range?

I'm finding good things happening going in this direction. I know this is a lower end gun, but it really exceeded my expectations on all levels. The technology grew by leaps and bounds since my childhood BB gun days.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I think my Benjamin 22 air rifle might be a keeper. This is the last two 5 shot groups I shot with it at 10 yards resting of a rolled up rag.
u9umubu8.jpg

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
RICHGCOOP said:
I think my Benjamin 22 air rifle might be a keeper. This is the last two 5 shot groups I shot with it at 10 yards resting of a rolled up rag.
u9umubu8.jpg

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Congrats Rich! You are going to have a lot of great times with that fine air rifle. How do you like the "thumbhole" stock? Keep with the range reports! That rifle should do well at 50 yds.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
The trigger will need a major trigger job done on it. I did a little with it to get the groups down to where they are now.
The barrel seal was flared out so I trimmed it up and turned it upside down that helped a lot.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk