What position do you cary concealed in?

Howard Law

DTF23

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
I've been doing the standard 3 o'clock position ever since I carried, and on a rare occasion or two I'll switch it up to a 6 o'clock if I had to keep it concealed better with my outfits. I know its a pain to reach back there but it provided the best concealment. What other positions do you guys carry in.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Depends on what gun I'm carrying for the day. Right now my carry switches between my FN 5.7 and My FNS9 with a LCP thrown in sometimes. Both are rather large guns for concealed carry but since I'm a fatty its not a big deal. Like you though I almost exclusively carried at the 3 oclock position on my right hip until about 3 weeks ago. I rotated it around to the 430/5 oclock area and I don't think i could be happier. Especially with the 5.7 that was on a healthy diet of my pants and side fat.

POPS (OHGO)

Scout
Oct 10, 2016
WHEN I CARRY IT'S IN THE OPEN AND ON MY HIP BUT I ALSO DON'T HAVE A CCW I CARRY UNDER THE OPEN CARRY LAW IN OHIO AS FOR THE CCW LAW I BACK IT 100% IT'S SAVES LIVES WITHER THEY BE YOURS /FAMILY OR OTHERS 

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
My carry position is somewhat dependent on the clothing I am wearing that day.  Generally it's IWB in the 3o'clock position.  I also carry in the appendix position quite a bit with my slimmer guns.  Finally, if max concealment is needed I'll pocket carry.  I like strong side the best, but find appendix is the most concealable.  The key to remember is if you change your carry positions make you practice extensively from each one!

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
I am an appendix carry type of guy.

Always a little affraid im gonna shoot my member off one day, but until then I just deal with it.

Macho Melvin

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
Front pocket with my LCP. Now that cooler weather is coming, I will carry my SCCY in the RH SOB position.

Nate (OHGO)

Hunter
Oct 10, 2016
I'm a firm believer in muscle memory. I've conditioned myself to carry in the 3:30-4 o'clock position, be it IWB or OWB.

The only exception is when I'm driving. I'll move the gun to a holster on my front left hip in cross draw position so I can get to it easily while driving.