Welcome Lovers of the Leaf! Premium Cigars (only) that is.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Kraigster414.jpg

A popular venue at the former Elsiepea.com forum, we thought we'd carry on the tradition here. Enjoy.

Wanted: Sophisticated cigar smokers only for mega posting. That means dump your White Owls and El Productos girls. We'll be talkin' class smokes here.

Yeah, that's me in my younger days.

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Still smoking Oliva Serie V sungrown. 858 sungrown when I can find them. Recently tried a St. Luis Rey from Honduras. Not as full bodied as I prefer but a good smoking cigar.

Happiness is a long white ash.

R

rayzer007

kraigster414 said:
That means dump your White Owls and El Productos girls. We'll be talkin' class smokes here.
Yeah, that's me in my younger days.
That picture brought back memories Rich. In the late 50's my railroad engineer neighbor used to throw me a quarter and say "Raymond, go down to Bond's delicatessen and get us a couple of El Productos." I didn't think it was a bad smoke, but what does a seven year old know! I seemed to prefer a sneaked cheeseglass of mummy's cream sherry over the beer back then too! ;D
Ray

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I remember smoking Swisher Sweets and thinking, "This is a good five cent cigar". Burnt my lip on the nub and was sorry to see it go.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
zingbee said:
Still smoking Oliva Serie V sungrown. 858 sungrown when I can find them. Recently tried a St. Luis Rey from Honduras. Not as full bodied as I prefer but a good smoking cigar.

Happiness is a long white ash.

A little Oliva Serie V is my lunchtime smoke M-F.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Verticoli said:
I remember smoking Swisher Sweets and thinking, "This is a good five cent cigar". Burnt my lip on the nub and was sorry to see it go.

Verti, I see you are going to require some work. LOL. Swisher Sweets??!! We call 'em dog rockets (no need to further explain ;D)

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
kraigster414 said:
Verticoli said:

Verti, I see you are going to require some work. LOL. Swisher Sweets??!! We call 'em dog rockets (no need to further explain ;D)

lol, at that time I was about the age you were in your pic and 5 cents was a piece of money.

R

rayzer007

I worked with a guy who always smoked Swisher Sweets ... he doesn't smoke them anymore. Doctor said he died of "Bilateral pulmonary dog rocket vapor ingestation".
Ray

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Had an old Short Story last night. A perfecto, tapered at both ends . I like to just touch that twisted nub to the flame and pull all that concentrated wrapper flavor up and into the cigar. Lots of leather, vanilla and berry hints and hues as the smoke progressed. I kept it cool with slow puff, puff, puuuuuuffs and kept up to the very last fraction of an inch. It was over way to quickly as short stories tend to be.