VP9 Torture Test: Fail

Howard Law

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
HK with hammer = flawless. Always.
HK with no hammer = potential problems. P7s and VPs have proven that.
About the same goes for FN models (besides the 5.7, which they seemed to get right with a mix of striker/hammer)

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I am kinda surprised it did so poorly.

After deer season is over I may go out to the farm and beat up on my G19 a little and see how it does. Might be fun,

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I'm honestly very surprised it did that badly. But it sort of confirms my feeling that the VP9 is way over engineered. I sold my VP9 for two reasons. 1) the slide stop lever was poorly positioned for my normal hand placement, resulting in frequent failures to lock. And 2) it was too large to carry, relegating it to range toy status.

With that being said, I didn't think the trigger was anywhere near as good as people claimed, especially compared to the PPQs I had owned or my M&Ps with Apex kits.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm honestly very surprised it did that badly. But it sort of confirms my feeling that the VP9 is way over engineered. I sold my VP9 for two reasons. 1) the slide stop lever was poorly positioned for my normal hand placement, resulting in frequent failures to lock. And 2) it was too large to carry, relegating it to range toy status.

With that being said, I didn't think the trigger was anywhere near as good as people claimed, especially compared to the PPQs I had owned or my M&Ps with Apex kits.

How is being over engineered a bad thing?that us ally means it is way over built and can handle anything.

To me this shows that they didn't quite do enough testing...

Regardless though it is rather troubling. My m&p core has me thinking some crazy thoughts.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
How is being over engineered a bad thing?that us ally means it is way over built and can handle anything.

Regardless though it is rather troubling. My m&p core has me thinking some crazy thoughts.

I don't think he meant it in the sense of making a bridge that will carry a higher maximum load than will ever be on it. I think he was thinking about things like the red indicator on the back that serve no purpose.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
First gun I bought when I turned 21 was a HK USP. Next thing my dumbass did was go out and get a huge HK logo tattooed on my leg. 11 years later I realise HK's suck and my mom was right about regretting getting tattoos.

Reactions: boss_hawg

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code

I was referring to the complexity and number of small parts used in the gun. Complete disassembly is a serious undertaking, almost impossible for most owners. All that complexity, to achieve the same results as a Glock or M&P? That's the definition of over engineered to me. In this case, the number of moving parts in the fire control appear to be a contributing factor to the early failures during the test.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville

Like ditching 45 and joinig the rest of the normal people?

In the punk rawk world we call that selling out.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
First gun I bought when I turned 21 was a HK USP. Next thing my dumbass did was go out and get a huge HK logo tattooed on my leg. 11 years later I realise HK's suck and my mom was right about regretting getting tattoos.
Jeezuz, are you the guy I saw with the "monster" logo on his arm? I wanted to punch that guy in the cunt.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
How many Germans does it take to change a lightbulb?

One, we are efficient and don't have humor.

Reactions: Shemp

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Jeezuz, are you the guy I saw with the "monster" logo on his arm? I wanted to punch that guy in the cunt.

I have colt on my right bicep and Glock on my right calf.