lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
The odt is wiping, and flushing some over to here

I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. But I do see a lot of names join, bitch about a ban on ODT only to go back.
I do not understand. Seems similar to a woman married to a man that beats her, and she keeps going back.

giphy.gif

SirSpanksAlot

Hunter
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. But I do see a lot of names join, bitch about a ban on ODT only to go back.
I do not understand. Seems similar to a woman married to a man that beats her, and she keeps going back.

giphy.gif
No reason to go back. I said what I said to Dan in that thread, specifically to get a permanent ban, so that the temptation to go back isn't even on the table. :)

I told @NWS a couple weeks ago that I was going to do that, to go out in... I believe it was an impotent blaze of glory, or something to that effect.

Mission accomplished. Fuck that place. Most of the folks I met have been cool. I love Biker, met him in person several times and I would consider him a friend. Always shoots straight with me.

But let's face it, what else is going on in ODT, other than whining?

There are like no deals to be had. I mean, are we busy scooping up "I know what I have" $800 Glocks that have holster wear that looks like they lined their holster with 120 grit sandpaper? $2 per round Tula or Wolf ammo? Secret bidding listings in plain view, that the mods ignored because they are friends with the lister?

The Pasture and whining, and the banter, frankly, was the only interesting thing there...

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Can't I be part of both?

It's not as much fun trolling here though. Far fewer idiots. But they are coming over as they get banned over there.
Most definitely! However that’s the point... here at SET, we support individual freedom of choice. We believe and treat everyone with respect like adults should. There, you are treated like a child. You are suppressed, censored, restricted, confined, limited, etc. it just baffles me why anyone would support an organization that demonstrates that behavior. If it was a retail store, people would call for a boycott. However for some reason people continue to give that place a pass and accept the poor disrespectful behavior. I have too much pride to support or be subjected to that behavior. But to each their own. We support freedom.

SirSpanksAlot

Hunter
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
Dude. You can't do anything without bitching about how people price their stuff. Lower your heart, grow up, and if you can't do that, just stop looking. For fucks sake man, you're a broken record of butthurt whining.

And part of that, was playing with the flippers themselves, and their friends, who spent all of THEIR time trolling the same Pasture, seeking out the same threads, and then spending hours a day whining about the whining...

You are familiar with the phrase, "illustrating absurdity, by being absurd", yes?

The same folks frothing at the mouth about, "If you don't like a price in a listing, just ignore it and move on!", were at the same time, completely incapable of following their own advice with regards to Pasture price rant threads...

Exposing that hypocrisy, became a bit of a guilty pleasure... That the irony of it all was lost on some folks, doesn't surprise me...

Reactions: dougiemac

SirSpanksAlot

Hunter
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
Most definitely! However that’s the point... here at SET, we support individual freedom of choice. We believe and treat everyone with respect like adults should. There, you are treated like a child. You are suppressed, censored, restricted, confined, limited, etc. it just baffles me why anyone would support an organization that demonstrates that behavior. If it was a retail store, people would call for a boycott. However for some reason people continue to give that place a pass and accept the poor disrespectful behavior. I have too much pride to support or be subjected to that behavior. But to each their own. We support freedom.

ODT does all of those things, but they only do it to some people. If you are in the mean girls club, you are one of them and the mods protect you rather than punish you. It's not that they have strict rules, its that they enforce them so selectively, that is the problem.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
ODT does all of those things, but they only do it to some people. If you are in the mean girls club, you are one of them and the mods protect you rather than punish you. It's not that they have strict rules, its that they enforce them so selectively, that is the problem.
I suppose it’s subjective. In my opinion, they have strict rules. I was a super mod there for years. I saw behind the curtain, I saw what was going on and it did not sit well with my convictions.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
No reason to go back. I said what I said to Dan in that thread, specifically to get a permanent ban, so that the temptation to go back isn't even on the table. :)

I told @NWS a couple weeks ago that I was going to do that, to go out in... I believe it was an impotent blaze of glory, or something to that effect.

Mission accomplished. Fuck that place. Most of the folks I met have been cool. I love Biker, met him in person several times and I would consider him a friend. Always shoots straight with me.

But let's face it, what else is going on in ODT, other than whining?

There are like no deals to be had. I mean, are we busy scooping up "I know what I have" $800 Glocks that have holster wear that looks like they lined their holster with 120 grit sandpaper? $2 per round Tula or Wolf ammo? Secret bidding listings in plain view, that the mods ignored because they are friends with the lister?

The Pasture and whining, and the banter, frankly, was the only interesting thing there...
I too consider Don a friend. It’s unfortunate that he has drank the kool aid and believes that I am not his friend because I started this place. Maybe someday, perhaps whenever the ODT no longer has any use for him, he’ll realize that and we can reconcile.

Reactions: georgia357

SirSpanksAlot

Hunter
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
Ya ever notice no one goes to the ODT and posts about how shitty SET is? Hmmmm
Probably because mentioning this place gets you banned over there.

They don't want competition. If most of them knew that this place existed, and that you could do everything here that you can do there, without the drama and bullshit, their membership would get cut in half.

It's a protective measure. Like shutting down Steals and Deals threads that make it harder to sell used guns at 50% over MSRP. The owners there want that place to be the next ArmsList or GunBroker... They want to build it up, get enough traffic and sell it for a pretty penny.

Which is fine, its their forum... But it is ruining the place... I was only there for a few years but its best days are clearly behind it...

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Can't I be part of both?

It's not as much fun trolling here though. Far fewer idiots. But they are coming over as they get banned over th

sounds like the definition of the new White house

DWalk

Hunter
Jun 18, 2018
Brookhaven
so I guess I was permabanned when at first it said i could go back march 30th. no explanation. oh well.

the only reason i was there was to troll the self-righteous retards that were all for "meh freedom". people that have responded here are for the most part not of that ilk.

i've never done much trading on either site. thats about to change though as i need to liquidate some of my firearm and ammo inventory to pay legal fees.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Meh, you nailed me a couple times for some dumb petty shit back in the day when you were a mod. You was one of them bro, you probably didn't see the light until they turned on you.

Dude, if we’re dialing it back 10 years ago, you did some stupid shit too. I was fair and just to everyone and was doing the job that was asked of me. Before I would apply an infraction, I would often look the other way at least once if not twice with warnings or just removing the trolling content.
And I wouldn’t say anyone turned on me. I just saw a decline of leadership and an incline in privacy invasions, and an abuse of moderator power by a few that you all know and love well. When I saw that, I called it out and stepped down from being a mod.