Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I thought they couldn't have them in NJ

Sent from my penis using Tapatalk
This is a common misconception, but it's absolutely false.
You can absolutely possess hp ammo in your home, to and from the range/hunting/fishing (firearms code 2c subsection F).

I was actually arrested in NJ on a charge of possession of HP ammo. I could prove I was in the process of going to a place to go hunting so charges were dropped with apologies from the court. You may not go to the grocery store and have a box of hps in your car though, or even have a dummy hp bullet keychain as it's the bullet that is illegal outside of the house, not loaded ammo. It is 100% legal to possess and own though. You just have to be careful about where you take it (but you do with fmj's for that matter).

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Nope, you can absolutely possess hp ammo in your home, to and from the range/hunting/fishing (firearms code 2c subsection F). I was actually arrested in NJ on a charge of possession of HP ammo. I could prove I was in the process of going to a place to go hunting so charges were dropped with apologies from the court. You may not go to the grocery store and have a box of hps in your car though, or even have a dummy hp bullet keychain as it's the bullet that is illegal outside of the house, not loaded ammo. It is 100% legal to possess and own though.

So this ammo could still be of some value to folks in NJ though. For when they don't fit the criteria of when they can have HPs

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So this ammo could still be of some value to folks in NJ though. For when they don't fit the criteria of when they can have HPs
Getting a CC license is next to impossible unless you're in the mafia or friends with Christie. I suppose there might be a tiny slice of value for an small minority of people.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Interesting fact. Since hp bullet possession is illegal outside of your home or if you are not going hunting or fishing, a burglar can be charged with illegal possession of a hp bullet if they are shot while breaking into a home, and the bullet does not exit. It has happened.