American Revival Apparel Company

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So, this morning I nearly had a heart attack. I don't usually carry a wallet with me, just an office binder clip with my cash and necessary bits of plastic. I went for my 930 AM bathroom OON break and when I pulled my phone out of my pocket the cash I had set aside to deposit later must have been pulled out with it and fell on the floor. I didn't notice it was gone for over an hour...by which time it had long disappeared from the bathroom.
I asked everyone I work with if they had found any money and they all said no. These guys all make WAY more than I do and know that I need it a lot more than they do...

The office shares the floor with a GA teacher's union. I went to them and asked if they had found anything...they said no.

On an even longer shot I went downstairs to the Security desk and asked where the janitor's office was. He called Juan to make sure he was there and showed me where it was. I asked Juan if he found anything in the bathroom and he asked me how much...I told him $520. Without hesitation he handed me an envelope with every single dollar in it. HE could have just as easily taken it all...but he held on to it and reported it to security. I thanked him profusely and gave him $100, which he refused to take until I told him I would just buy him a gift card he might not like if he didn't. I am left amazed at the character of what is likely the lowest paid and worst treated guy in the building. He left me with an example of what a good man is.

They are really nice folks ( despite being union) and apparently started a collection to help me out...I barely know them. Truly amazing that they would do that....

I guess I just wanted to let everyone know that there are still good people in the world. Not once but twice in one day...one morning, did strangers go above and beyond to help someone they barely know. Today was going very badly, now I have a new outlook and a smile.

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
:thumb: a few years ago i was hurting for money and was at a truck stop when a trucker dropped $200 right in front of me . without thinking i told him he dropped it . i like to think what goes around come around .

Reactions: sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
i like to think what goes around come around .
I believe that as well. Not because of karma or faith or anything like that, but simply how our attitudes shape our environment and determine our circumstances. When you live a life of doing what you believe is right, you also recognize that in others and will see it more often. You'll get screwed sometimes, but you'll experience the positive a lot more. It's all about perspective.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I thanked him profusely and gave him $100, which he refused to take until I told him I would just buy him a gift card he might not like if he didn't. I am left amazed at the character of what is likely the lowest paid and worst treated guy in the building. He left me with an example of what a good man is.
Not too many people would acknowledge that the guy basically just made them $500 in this situation and share it with him. That really says a lot about your character and is also why he will be 10 times more likely to do the right thing next time the opportunity arises as well. Positivity is just as infectious as negativity.

Reactions: Shemp

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.