The new abnormal, or 'what color frame matches my shoes?'

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Nothing has changed for me.

I kinda refuse to leave an unguarded rifle in my vehicle. Not when it's a brick away from being in the hands of a bad guy.

I did think about getting a can or two of bear spray to put in my vehicle.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Couple extra mags for a compact to stay concealed or a fullsize if you’d rather isn’t a bad idea for awhile.

I carry a CZP10c with a few mags for now.

Reactions: dial1911

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
Nothing has really changed for me. I have EDCed a Glock 26 and a spare 17 round mag for years. I also carry medical stuff in an ankle rig or a cargo pocket all the time. Probably overkill for the 1 or 2 muggers scenario, maybe under-gunned for the 30 violent protesters scenario but I figure it'll either work or it won't.

What I would like to find is a local pistol match where I could shoot my G26 every week. A few years ago I had that and I was doing quite well at it. Now the only competition I do regularly is 3-Gun which has a lot of pistol in it but I'm shooting a G17 with a red dot.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
M&p 9c (same as the last 5+ years) I do have 5 spare messages in the truck readily available.

I have debated on an ar pistol in the truck. But it's a lot harder to conceal when the vehicle is "searched" at various facilities I have to visit.

The last vehicle I drove had a flip down back seat and use to carry the ar pistol there. The newer truck doesn't have that option.

Reactions: T_Max

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Been keeping the AR57 and 2 spare 50 round mags all loaded with SS198LF as well as a spare 9mm pistol in the car. Still toting the Sig P938 and 2 extra 7 rd mags.

Reactions: T_Max, 3x and Shemp

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The only times you can have too much ammo is if you’re drowning or you’re on fire.

I’ve spoke to folks that were caught undergunned, but I’ve never talked to anyone that won a gunfight who felt they were overgunned.

Since the rise of active shooters in the US several years ago, I stopped carrying anything smaller than about the size of a G19, with at least a reload. I usually have some sort of long gun in my vehicle.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
It seems that the potential threat environment has changed. 8 months ago I think carrying something like a j frame or LCP was perfectly fine, as the average threat level was like 1-2 attackers trying to rob you. Now, with the lawlessness in some parts of the country, and being so close to a potential hotspot, has your idea of actual needed capacity changed? I know the internet commando brigade will always say carrying anything less than 250 rounds of 9mm at all times will get you killed, but I live in realsville. I kinda think now one might need to make adjustments to carry a full size fighting pistol...because riots aka protests could turn violent quickly...
Thoughts?

P365 with a spare mag and a 357 j frame on me at all times lately. If I can't get it done with 26 rounds, it's cause I forced a bad position and didn't maintain situational awareness....in which case I deserve to get clapped for being stupid.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Having a long gun in the vehicle doesn’t have to mean that it can be readily stolen. If someone is going to take my long gun from my vehicle, they’re going to have to steal the entire vehicle, and get it to a decently equipped shop.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Nothing has really changed for me. I have EDCed a Glock 26 and a spare 17 round mag for years. I also carry medical stuff in an ankle rig or a cargo pocket all the time. Probably overkill for the 1 or 2 muggers scenario, maybe under-gunned for the 30 violent protesters scenario but I figure it'll either work or it won't.

What I would like to find is a local pistol match where I could shoot my G26 every week. A few years ago I had that and I was doing quite well at it. Now the only competition I do regularly is 3-Gun which has a lot of pistol in it but I'm shooting a G17 with a red dot.
Me too. I’ve owned at least 4 Glock 26 and always come back to one. Sell one, try out another carry for awhile, come back to the 26. I carry a 17 mag as a spare as well. Great system. I shoot the 26 really well too.

Reactions: Herk

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Your choice of what gun to carry, along with how many rounds, also has a lot to do with your mindset and what you’re prepared to do.

Is your firearm ONLY intended to get you and yours out of a bad situation, with no intent to assist others? If so, a subcompact and no more than 20-something rounds is more than enough.

Is personal protection for yourself and your loved ones your PRIMARY purpose, but you also recognize that you could be caught in an Active Threat situation? A situation like that doesn’t care how aware you are, or how many swivels you’ve installed in your neck.

In the case of an Active Threat, is your intent to bug out as quickly and safely as possible, or do you plan on being part of The Solution? Statistics prove that in the case of an Active Threat, the quickest way to shut them down is to get a Good Guy with a gun on the scene. The FBI has agreed that it doesn’t matter who that good guy is, civilian or LEO; the quicker an armed Good Guy gets involved the sooner the situation is resolved and the less folks that are injured or killed.

I intend to be The Solution, instead of leaving the scene with a loaded weapon while innocent folks are hurt and killed. I arm myself with that in mind.