Thanks to all the veterans out there!

GA Firing Line

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I wanted to send a thanks to all the veterans out there for your service. I'd like to that my deceased father for his service especially. I'm an Army brat and my father served 28 years in the Army. He served in Korea as a young man and later in Vietnam, retiring as a Master Sargent. Here is a picture of him in 1952 in the mountains of Korea. You can see he is high in the mountains with his binoculars and machine gun. Not sure if the mountains way in the distance is North Korea, but the machine gun is pointed in that direction for sure. Looking in his records after his death is listed the guns he had qualified with. Of course there was a rifle listed and the .45. But it also listed that he was qualified with a flame thrower. Thought that was kinda cool.
DadinKorea.jpg

R

rayzer007

I also would like to add my thanks to our veterans. The message at church today was "Veterans, War Veterans, and Decorated War Veterans". It was a tribute to these men, and an encouragement for Christians to serve with similar honor in the Lord's Army.

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Great Picture! I spent a couple of years in Korea and the winters there are something else. 28 Years is quite a career.

I appreciate all Veterans and their families who served their country.

M

mukwah

Veteran here also, all thoughts are appreciated by all who have served.