Take down

GA Firing Line

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Okay..Put some 29 grain cci rounds through the take down today. One at a time. Refused to cycle. Seems to cycle fine in the SR22PB. The best round so far in the takedown...Federal 40 grain. She loves them!. The scope has the groups within a 3 inch circle at 25 yards..

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I haven't had a problem with the, "New and Improved", Remington Golds in my TD. My Weatherby? Doesn't seem to like em. Hope it's a clean and lube thing.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Another 400 rounds downrange today. This TD rocks. It's almost boring at 25 yards with the scope on. 3" groups with no real effort. I have started to use the 25 round mag exclusively. Why mess around with the 10 round rotary mag? It does make it so I can't use the carry bag as it is designed to use as a rest...but the rifle is only 4.5 pounds...so no bigggie! My son Steve bought a German GSG 522 that we tried out. Great rifle...sweet red dot mini scope..love the look. But I really prefer the Ruger TD. They are not kidding that you can break it down...put it back together..and it stays DEAD ON.!!

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Great range trip the other day with 25 rds going into a 1" circle at 25 yds on the third magazine. I was shooting off the little rest built into the divider and sitting on a folding chair, nothin fancy. I preloaded 170 rds and got my gun so hot I had to let it cool to get it apart.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
True dat verticoli. I literally blow through the barrel to cool it off before putting it in the bag. How's the grouping looking to you downrange? I'm loving mine.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
The groups are way better than I would have thought, one entire 25 rd mag into a target about the size of a quarter. Now, if I could shoot this well off hand. :mad: