Stingrays. Not just for killing Steve Irwin.

Howard Law

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I have a relatively small circle of friends so I'm maybe just more choosy. Her Alma mater hasn't really affected our friendships in any real way. She doesn't talk about it much, and her diploma is still rolled up in the cardboard tube it was mailed in...in the closet I think. lol

The point is that people do have the capacity for thought. That's important.

We could all agree on that. There are very differing levels of thought, though.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
We could all agree on that. There are very differing levels of thought, though.
Of course, but I really believe that most people can pretty easily grasp the basic issues of inequality, injustice, violations of rights, etc because we've all experienced it. They may not be able to understand every nuance, but the general idea isn't really foreign.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Of course, but I really believe that most people can pretty easily grasp the basic issues of inequality, injustice, violations of rights, etc because we've all experienced it. They may not be able to understand every nuance, but the general idea isn't really foreign.

Your comment brings to light the cruz of the problem...just what is considered injustice? Are the rich rich because they took from the poor?

WHAT injustice/inequality,white people you're fighting against matters very much. Sure, everyone can understand the concept, but who is influencing what they perceive as injustice is key.

Reactions: karlvv

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Your comment brings to light the cruz of the problem...just what is considered injustice? Are the rich rich because they took from the poor?

WHAT injustice/inequality,white people you're fighting against matters very much. Sure, everyone can understand the concept, but who is influencing what they perceive as injustice is key.
Injustice can be as simple as being cut off trying to get into a parking spot. An injustice is simply a perceived (real or otherwise) lack of fairness. It's dependent on perspective, which makes it a very accessible and universal feeling to grasp.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Injustice can be as simple as being cut off trying to get into a parking spot. An injustice is simply a perceived (real or otherwise) lack of fairness. It's dependent on perspective, which makes it a very accessible and universal feeling to grasp.

I didn't say t wasn't...just that which "injustices" people choose to believe are extremely flawed ( usually as a result of being very poorly informed/misinformed).

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I didn't say t wasn't...just that which "injustices" people choose to believe are extremely flawed ( usually as a result of being very poorly informed/misinformed).
Maybe, but that's inconsequential. The point is that it's a feeling that's accessible, and people understand when they've been taken advantage of.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Maybe, but that's inconsequential. The point is that it's a feeling that's accessible, and people understand when they've been taken advantage of.

If they understand what the parameters are.

I would imagine most people don't really understand just how badly they are being taken advantage of by the govt.

Their entire basis of reasoning is flawed.

The allegory of the cave comes to mind...

Reactions: karlvv

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If they understand what the parameters are.

I would imagine most people don't really understand just how badly they are being taken advantage of by the govt.

Their entire basis of reasoning is flawed.

The allegory of the cave comes to mind...
Yeah, but I don't care about that. The ability to detect injustice is what will ultimately matter, not whether or not superfluous bs is actually unjust or not.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah, but I don't care about that. The ability to detect injustice is what will ultimately matter, not whether or not superfluous bs is actually unjust or not.

So, you're saying you don't care if people know what or why something is an injustice, just that it is? That's dangerous.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So, you're saying you don't care if people know what or why something is an injustice, just that it is? That's dangerous.
That's exactly right. That's all we were talking about, whether people were asleep at the wheel or not. As long as the ability is there, then there's hope. There's no way to affect people's perception on reality..not really.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
That's exactly right. That's all we were talking about, whether people were asleep at the wheel or not. As long as the ability is there, then there's hope. There's no way to affect people's perception on reality..not really.

ah. I guess I was going a bit deeper than the original assertion.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
ah. I guess I was going a bit deeper than the original assertion.
Yes, it seems like you were. There's no hope for instilling some sort of across the board, logical perception of fairness..it doesn't even exist.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yes, it seems like you were. There's no hope for instilling some sort of across the board, logical perception of fairness..it doesn't even exist.

yeah huh

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would not say stupid or ignorant more than kept in the dark or hiding heads in the sand. Some people cannot see the forest for the trees or things as plain as the nose on their face. It is certainly about competition and one's id. The parenthetical sight of the collective consensus does bring about acute clarity of vision. The millennium generation brings about anachronistic idealism to our current genre.