Stag AR

Howard Law

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
If you look down a ways, you'll find the thread I started 'thinking about an AR'. Wanted to follow up. I picked up a Stag Model 3, added a Vortex Strikefire to it, but for the past month or so haven't been able to shoot it at all. In the meantime, I added a Hogue grip (very comfortable, better than hard stock one), and changed out the RH selector for a left-handed one (got it from Stag).

Today I finally got the chance to shoot it. Ran about 80 rounds through it while sighting it in, and it ran flawlessly. Granted 80 rounds isn't a lot, but I sure had fun with it, and it did perform. Two days ago I ordered my Christmas present to myself - a Rock River Arms Varmint Upper for it, with 20" stainless steel bull barrel, 1 in 8 twist. Also ordered some Lapua .223 brass which was on sale today at Brownells. So now I'm set up for play with the Stag in original trim, and some serious precision shooting with the new upper. Life is good! :D

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Fred,

What kinda wait are you looking at to get the upper? I got a RRA lower several months before the 08 election. Then 5 days before Obama got elected I ordered a complete RRA upper. Got it in about 6 weeks after the election. Orders after that took many months as they were swamped after the election.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
ARTargetjpg-1-1.jpg

Big Stag fan! Love the 3 and really would like to see where you take it. 8) My Model 2 has just been awesome out of the box, but haven't been able to do the mods I was hoping to do by now. So... I live vicariously for the time being. Pics please!

D

Denny4kids

Here is my 3G. One day I was sighting it in at 200 yards with some reloads and I forgot my sighting scope. I saw dust move behind the target so I aimed at the same spot for 30 rounds. When the range was safe I looked at my target and it had a 1.25 inch hole bottom left with 2 fliers! I really like this rifle. Den.
IMG_20120529_173639.jpg

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
lws380 said:
Fred,

What kinda wait are you looking at to get the upper? I got a RRA lower several months before the 08 election. Then 5 days before Obama got elected I ordered a complete RRA upper. Got it in about 6 weeks after the election. Orders after that took many months as they were swamped after the election.

Truthfully, I was quite surprised to get a Fed Ex notice on Monday, with an expected delivery this Friday. And apologies to all, as I've been lazy and haven't taken the pictures I should. Will do so after the Thanksgiving craziness is over, and SWMBO is satisfied I've done all my chores. ;)

I should probably add that I checked any number of online vendors, with most saying they were out of stock. Purely by chance I stumbled onto JoeBob Outfitters whose web site showed this upper in stock. I took a chance and ordered it, fully expecting I would get a 'sorry, we just sold out' notice, but was pleasantly surprised to get the FedEx shipping notice. It was reasonably priced, and shipping was free, plus I found a 5% coupon code online that I used.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Fred said:
lws380 said:
Fred,

Truthfully, I was quite surprised to get a Fed Ex notice on Monday, with an expected delivery this Friday. And apologies to all, as I've been lazy and haven't taken the pictures I should. Will do so after the Thanksgiving craziness is over, and SWMBO is satisfied I've done all my chores. ;)

I should probably add that I checked any number of online vendors, with most saying they were out of stock. Purely by chance I stumbled onto JoeBob Outfitters whose web site showed this upper in stock. I took a chance and ordered it, fully expecting I would get a 'sorry, we just sold out' notice, but was pleasantly surprised to get the FedEx shipping notice. It was reasonably priced, and shipping was free, plus I found a 5% coupon code online that I used.

Excellent! That is quick.