Southeast traders lower!

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
for a regular rifle lower it would have to be pretty cheap for me to be interested too. I think a SET lower would be cool but in a world of 40-60 dollar lowers how much extra would it be worth.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
for a regular rifle lower it would have to be pretty cheap for me to be interested too. I think a SET lower would be cool but in a world of 40-60 dollar lowers how much extra would it be worth.
Probably not a cent, and it's not that people don't want to support the site. A new lower will end up costing you at least $500, if not a grand by the time your done, and it won't even give the site much exposure. You'd have to be right up on it to see the engraving.

It's a fun idea, but not effective marketing. T-Shirts and stickers are low risk, low dollar and higher return. That's just reality.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Probably not a cent, and it's not that people don't want to support the site. A new lower will end up costing you at least $500, if not a grand by the time your done, and it won't even give the site much exposure. You'd have to be right up on it to see the engraving.

It's a fun idea, but not effective marketing. T-Shirts and stickers are low risk, low dollar and higher return. That's just reality.
I dont see it as a marketing thing as much as just a fun thing for members, I would pay more for a SET marked lower (assuming I liked the design), but I wouldnt pay a huge premium for it.

Reactions: Balthaz

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

Just being realistic and honest.

I know bro and I appreciate that. It's just damn near impossible to get a custom branded lower at that price and make any margin whatsoever. It isn't the best marketing dollar spent for reach, however it's a good investment to sink the community's personal investment in the site deeper.

Reactions: jwtug and Laufen

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I know bro and I appreciate that. It's just damn near impossible to get a custom branded lower at that price and make any margin whatsoever. It isn't the best marketing dollar spent for reach, however it's a good investment to sink the community's personal investment in the site deeper.

Wait what??!?!? You're not just giving us one?

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

I'd be really surprised if you could get them machined for under a hundred bucks apiece. I'd probably expect closer to 150. The blank lowers are cheap enough, but the time on a CNC to do the logo has to be at least 30 minutes. Divide the programming cost and setup over 100 or so parts and it would be manageable, but I'd expect at least three bucks a minute on the machine.

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
We should use the word inexpensive as cheap denotes a lesser quality product :rolleyes: just saying

Reactions: DoglegArms