#Solo Camping

American Revival Apparel Company

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
Anyone else enjoy a couple solo days in the woods? Whether it be a night (not for me at least two) or a week. Just really gives me time to reflect on things and do a lil survival skills, fishing and of course BEER. From floating down the river to just unpacking the truck and camping right there I enjoy it all. Let's hear your thoughts and experiences. Oh and like always nothing beats swinging in a hammock next to a nice river!

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Nothing like being miles up river with my dog a cooler of beer and the stars. Some of my friends don't understand it, but you just see and experience things in nature when you're alone and quiet that you won't see when you're with a group.

Reactions: JBum

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
Nothing like being miles up river with my dog a cooler of beer and the stars. Some of my friends don't understand it, but you just see and experience things in nature when you're alone and quiet that you won't see when you're with a group.

For sure man! Seems I see a lot more hear a lot more when I am solo! I just enjoy the peace and quiet especially after working a week in the ATL!

Last edited:

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
For sure man! Seems I see a lot more hear a lot more when I am solo! I just enjoy the peace and quiet especially after working a week in the ATL!
No doubt. I love to watch deer cross the river, it's something I never see when I'm with other people but always see when I'm alone. I like to watch the beavers work too and like the deer you won't see them unless you're alone and quite.

If you've ever read the book The Old Man And The Sea you'll remember the old man reflected a lot on when he was younger and he saw lions on the beach in Africa. It was like it was his happy place. I imagine when I'm an old man my happy place will be reflecting on watching deer cross the river.

Reactions: JBum and Bigr hamr

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
No doubt. I love to watch deer cross the river, it's something I never see when I'm with other people but always see when I'm alone. I like to watch the beavers work too and like the deer you won't see them unless you're alone and quite.

If you've ever read the book The Old Man And The Sea you'll remember the old man reflected a lot on when he was younger and he saw lions on the beach in Africa. It was like it was his happy place. I imagine when I'm an old man my happy place will be reflecting on watching deer cross the river.

Where do you go? Didn't you say you've done the Broad river too?

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Where do you go? Didn't you say you've done the Broad river too?
Flint river, it's more like a big creek lol but there's some beautiful places on the flint around Upson, pike, meriweather, and Talbot county that not many people know about. Partly cause access is difficult.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
When their was public access to.Tallulah Gorge, I used to camp in the bottom. It was so awesome to see witness the sights and sounds at night. There was an out of the way pool with huge boulders and a small sandbar with a couple of trees. I would hang up my hammock and build a nice fire. Stay up all night just chilling out.

Reactions: JBum

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
When their was public access to.Tallulah Gorge, I used to camp in the bottom. It was so awesome to see witness the sights and sounds at night. There was an out of the way pool with huge boulders and a small sandbar with a couple of trees. I would hang up my hammock and build a nice fire. Stay up all night just chilling out.
Nothing can replace that kind of serenity! !

Tuck6114

Hunter
Jul 2, 2015
Perry, Ga
I spend a lot of time camping during deer season at the hunting club, but the best times are the occasional weekday when everyone else has to work and its just me.

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
I spend a lot of time camping during deer season at the hunting club, but the best times are the occasional weekday when everyone else has to work and its just me.

I am a cold weather camper myself! Hard to retrofit a ac unit in my hammock! ! :)