Econ Silver and or gold

Howard Law

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
What percentage of total assets do you keep on hand?

Where do you get it from?

Straight bullion or them fancy coins?

What sizes do you stock (1oz-10oz)?

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I have one 1oz coin I won in a giveaway...does that count?

That's my only precious metal other than lead...

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
10% precious metals max. JM boullion is reputable

Reactions: Cudruln

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Ok, so you buy your silver.... Then hold onto it for an economic crash?

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
If/ when the dollar crashes silver will still hold a value.
But who's gonna be trading in silver? Where will accept it? I'd rather trade in goods personally. As would a lot of people I know. I'm not knocking silver stockpiling, just trying to understand it.

Kyle Turner

Formerly "Palmettomoon"
Aug 16, 2015
Macon
Zip code
But who's gonna be trading in silver? Where will accept it? I'd rather trade in goods personally. As would a lot of people I know. I'm not knocking silver stockpiling, just trying to understand it.
Silver has lots of uses in manufacturing, medicines and electrical workings. It is easily worked by hand and alloyed with other metals. It is portable (to a degree) and will be again the medium of excgange if the wheels come off society. You may not always have trade goods that interest another party.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Silver has lots of uses in manufacturing, medicines and electrical workings. It is easily worked by hand and alloyed with other metals. It is portable (to a degree) and will be again the medium of excgange if the wheels come off society. You may not always have trade goods that interest another party.
That makes sense. I didn’t think of the manufacturing benefits of it. Though I am still not 100% confident that the people with the knowledge of manufacturing will be concentrating on their skill, so much as just getting their family by. It would make sense for them to capitalize on their skill set in return for other valuable commodities, I’m just not positive that rational thought will win out in the majority versus wide spread panic. Again, not knocking or disagreeing, just offering another thought process.

Kyle Turner

Formerly "Palmettomoon"
Aug 16, 2015
Macon
Zip code
I don't disagree that most will lose their minds and any sense of morality they might think they possess. But silver is a useful commodity and you needn't have knowledge of complex manufacturing processes to make use of it....especially in medicine.

Reactions: Cudruln and Rwjeter

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
It may not be relevant in the first year of a SHTF scenario, but I feel that it would eventually be a prime contender. Especially once life starts to rebound.

Now in a economic collapse and the u.s. dollar collapses, precious metals will prevail. Mainly for the fact they are used world wide and will still be used.

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I don't disagree that most will lose their minds and any sense of morality they might think they possess. But silver is a useful commodity and you needn't have knowledge of complex manufacturing processes to make use of it....especially in medicine.
Solid point right here. Plus I have zero interest to trade ammo or food, if there is something I can live without.

Reactions: Rwjeter