Ruger love

Faktory 47

Kennydale

Hunter
Oct 22, 2013
Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
I had noticed quite a few postings that where favorable to Ruger. I carry the SR40C, and it's not that I am a fanboy, but they had a well rated product at a really decent price (at the time). I am also on other Brands forums. I never bad mouth any other manufacturer. I do have a personal bias against firearms made in third world countries (Brazil, Argentina, Korea, Turkey or anything from the Arabian Gulf... my only exception would be Israeli made firearms) The only issue i have with Glock is that it feels UNCOMFORTABLE to me. The Ruger Brand has always impressed me because they do what they do without having police or military contracts. They are a top notch civilian supplier of arms. So thanks for the kind posts on Ruger , that I have seen here. It kind of validates this NEWBIE that i had taken the right path in arming myself for self defense. 8)

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
It's about personal preference. I have a stack or two of Ruger's but also a mixture of imports. Sig, Beretta, Walther, and even Taurus have produced some great firearms. There is a mixture of junk guns on the market, both foreign and domestic. Sometimes it gets down to what one can afford to buy.

D

Denny4kids

Welcome to the forum! I don't wory about where my weapons are made. My Weatherby SA-08 shotgun from Turkey I built for 3gun is a workhorse and my XDm as well as all my other forign weapons are very well made. I can't think of a third world country that makes firearms that we can purchase. Brazil, Argentina, Korea (south), Turkey, and the Arab World are not third world countries. In fact they are doing quite well. Not all American weapons have the features I want. Den

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Denny4kids said:
Not all American weapons have the features I want. Den

I agree. While I try to buy American and support American workers when I can, if I really want something that I don't think is made here I will go across the water. I love my Saigas!

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
All things equal, I buy American. All things are seldom equal though. When Ruger starts building defensive pistols with the features I require, I'll snatch them up. So far, they produce only one that fits my needs. I love it though. Can't beat the Ruger prices and customer service.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I usually find myself gravitating to the Ruger display first when visiting the LGS. Then it's off to the ammo aisles for a liberal dose of reality.