Ruger 10-22

GA Firing Line

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana

Well I have not been shooting much with the .22's lately because of my dwindling supply of ammo, but I broke out the .22 rifle tonight to do a little plinking. Ran 100 Winchester Wildcats through it. A great time without interruptions. Nice to leave the scoped rifles inside and use the iron sights. Then went in and gave it a good cleaning. A nice enjoyable evening. Also ran 50 more through the new LC9 without any issues. I really like that gun the more I shoot it.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Thanks guys. I like the 10-22 and had wanted a mannlicher stock for quite a while. When I saw this one I grabbed it up. They are a lot of fun for sure.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Sweet looking rifle. Its always good to get a .22 rifle and use just the iron sites. Reminds me of great childhood memories back in the 60's. Only back the it was mostly a single shot break open, don't remember what model it was.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Nomad said:
Sweet looking rifle. Its always good to get a .22 rifle and use just the iron sites. Reminds me of great childhood memories back in the 60's. Only back the it was mostly a single shot break open, don't remember what model it was.

And you could buy ammo for it cheap at the hardware store.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
bigdogdaddy said:
And you could buy ammo for it cheap at the hardware store.

Heck - I remember buying .22 ammo in a drug store and it was usually on a Sunday. I was all of 14 or 15 years old.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Yep Skip and the hardware store probably had a squeaky old wood floor. Ours did. And they always had a display case of Imperial knives.

R

rayzer007

bigdogdaddy said:
Yep Skip and the hardware store probably had a squeaky old wood floor. Ours did. And they always had a display case of Imperial knives.

I'd like to go back for a visit .......... just to see, hear, and smell the old neighborhood ....... such thoughts are the subject of several melancholy Rod Serling Twilight Zone episodes .... what a different world it was :(
I could spend a lot of time back there, but I don't think it's a good idea ......... however, I do take little mind trip back on occasion - 1961 if you please.

Ray

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Well said Rayzer. I seem to remember a cartoon where they used "The Way Back" machine for that. I could go for small town Indiana about 1970. Stop by the barbershop for one of the 6 oz. bottles of Coke and a $2.50 buzz cut or $3.00 flat top.

R

rayzer007

bigdogdaddy said:
I seem to remember a cartoon where they used "The Way Back" machine for that.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman - part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show!

Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:

WOW that's where my Father did get them! Ha-ha it was called Johnsons hardware, squeaky wood floor with the high old fashion ceiling and a few ceiling fans that hung down like 4-6' on a pole. It finally closed in the 90's. I can still remember the smell of the place.