Rossi matched set trifecta 22LR-20 gauge shotgun-.243 Win.

Howard Law

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
RossiMatchedSetRifle-Shotgun1.jpg

I was out of town today getting some repair work done on the SUV. My mechanic told me that a new gun shop had opened in town last week. After the repairs got done I scooted over.

Right next to one of my favorite restaurants sat “The Gun Monkey”. This place is one of the local legends when it comes to getting a rebuild or refinish job on a “1911” or other expensive pieces.. The Master Gunsmith formerly ran a shop in one of the other local towns. He was so busy that he was open only 3 Days a week to the public. He had a backlog that wouldn’t quit. Expensive but well worth the wait, was the word amongst some credible sources.

The New Shop was well designed and modern. 2 people working the display cases and a third doing check out. Someone had invested some bucks. I was impressed they had a great line up of ARs, AK-47s and Hunting Rifles. A bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.

One of the guys working the counter was a Vet from 2 Tours. One in Afghanistan and another in Iraq. He was using his VA Disability Determination Award to go back to school and was getting certified as a Master Gunsmith. He’s done a rebuild on an AR-15 that rivaled my own. So we spent about ½ an hour just talking guns and military.

They had a circular display case set up with some top of the line revolvers and pistols. In the bottom was something different. Rossi Firearms had teamed up with BraziTech & Taurus to produce a Rossi Matched Set Model 52022243YBS. It’s a trifecta arrangement with 3 different barrels.

RossiMatchedSetRifle-Shotgun3.jpg

It’s a single round, break top, that fires a 20 Gauge Shot Gun Shell. You pop off that barrel and can then use a 22LR barrel or a .243 Winchester Round Barrel. Its 33 inches long, has a screw on Monte Carlo cheek piece, and a hammer extension. Also some great high visibility sights, with screw caps in place to mount a telescopic sight.

RossiMatchedSetRifle-Shotgun9.jpg

The action and trigger pull was nice. It comes with a carry case that you can put the stock and 2 barrels in. A great addition to a “Bug Out” kit.

I’m planning on an outdoor range trip this weekend and although I have no great expectations it should be an interesting trip.

M

mukwah

Nice 3 piece slowhand! That rifle/shotgun has caught my eye more than once in the past several years!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

M

mukwah

Slowhand, what does the carry case look like? How about a pic????

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
mukwah said:
Slowhand, what does the carry case look like? How about a pic????

RossiCarryCase1.jpg

No problem, I was just finishing cleaning things up and getting packed. The Carry Case measures 8 1/2 inches by 30 ½ inches in length. Despite being identified as a Matched Pair Carry Case it will hold three barrels, in addition to the stock and receiver. :)

RossiCarryCase3.jpg

The Stock and receiver get stored in the bottom slot. The 3 barrels each have a separate storage slot.

One barrel is stored with the forearm attached. The other two barrels, based on the size of the barrels compared to the size of the sewn sections, start with the 20 Gauge Shotgun barrel and then the .243 win barrel is at the top.

Rossi recommends carrying stock & receiver reversed from what I have depicted. The barrel with the forearm attached, is correct but the shotgun barrel should be reversed with the muzzle to the right.
Either way I’ll have it sorted out tomorrow, get up early and get out to the range before the weather heats up. I'm taking the Rossi, a New England Handi Rifle .243, a Marlin 22WRM and a PSA AR-15 with me. Plus whatever else strikes my fancy. Since there's a pistol range next to the rifle range I could just pop a few rounds on that one too.

If the 20 Gauge Shotgun works out I could also pop a few clay pigeons. :D :D This retirement thing just keeps getting better.

M

mukwah

I'm getting more impressed by this rifle by the minute!

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
My outdoor range opens at 2:00p.m. tomorrow afternoon. With a bit of luck I'll be there and shoot a few holes.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Trigger_1 said:
Slowhand said:
My outdoor range opens at 2:00p.m. tomorrow afternoon. With a bit of luck I'll be there and shoot a few holes.

Hope you get a hole in one.....heh heh....Target........... :p

There will be at least one....