Review: Single shot magazine follower for the AR-15

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
D

Denny4kids

Item reviewed: Fulton Armory top loading single-shot magazine follower designed to fit an aluminum or steel AR-15/M-16 magazine. This device allows the shooter to load a longer than magazine length round in his/her AR-15 and shoot the weapon as a single shot rifle.

The follower was delivered with an allen wrench installation tool and well written instructions and clear illustrations. I placed the allen wrench into a small hole on the plastic follower and rolled it into position over the existing follower. Piece of cake. It also pops right back out with ease.
I headed out to the range with my Stag 3g 1-8 twist and 40 75 grain A-maxes pushed by CFE 223 powder. The wind was blowing pretty hard. The flags were fully extended from left to right.
My method for shooting was right handed with the aid of a bipod. Safety on, steady weapon with support hand and with the bolt open, just place a round in the ejection port. I would then hit the bolt release, acquire target, remove safety, aim and fire. The bolt stays open after each shot.

No matter how I tossed in a cartridge it would fall into the proper position to chamber. No special care was needed. I also brought a mic. to check the COL and nothing changed after chambering a round. I haven't had this weapon for long and these are the most accurate rounds I have fired. This old Man shot a half inch 5 shot group at 100 yards with ease.

Pros: Easy to use, the thing works perfect

Cons: none found

Best uses: allows AR-15 shooter to operate his/her carbine as a single shot weapon to shoot a slightly longer than magazine length round or to train a new shooter using standard ammo.

I used this mag follower for 40 rounds, no wear detected.

Item was purchased on ebay for $12 delivered. Took 4 days to receive. Pretty good!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-223-Single-Shot-Magazine-Follower-Snaps-in-Top-of-Magazine-in-Seconds-/151028946941?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I must rate this item a 5 out of 5 and the seller is a 5 also. Denny

D

Denny4kids

I was going to use this setup for an upcoming egg shoot. I just don't have enough scope for a 200 yard egg hit. Maybe next year. This year I'll stick with my .22 for the 100 yard shoot and I might try the 25 yard pistol egg shoot. The money raised goes to the youth shooting program. Den