Response to The Retardation of the Firearms Industry

Howard Law

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Is this supposed to be a serious article with a title like that? Just curious.

The assumption that we all own guns for the same reasons, or that we're all walking the same path to the same destination in respect to our firearms related profession or hobbies is the type of generalization that detracts more from the sport than misinformation by a gun store employee. The goal fro some gun owners is simply to feel empowered or "tacticool". Many approach it like you would cosplay at Comic Con, and that's fine with me.

Some people are serious about training, serious about the self-defense aspect of gun ownership and some just like the way they look or the way not being unarmed makes them feel. Some people *gasp* don't own guns for defense at all, but purely as a form of sport/meditation. I met a rimfire target shooter at the range this weekend that fell into that category.

The firearms community has grown dramatically, and we have all kinds of new interests and new types of gun owners among us now. Just to be clear...that's freaking awesome for Second Amendment Rights. Not everyone wants to perfect weak hand shooting techniques, some folks just want to sit in from of the tv with their PS90, some snap caps, and shoot at the tv while watching Stargate. They may have friends that ask advice on guns (because they're the only gun owner they know---and we can be JUDGEMENTAL ASSHOLES) and they pass along some advice that might not be precise or even correct. Whatever, people make mistakes, and people learn. The diversifying gun community is going to provide more strength than weakness, and if that's retardation :rolleyes:, then so be it.

Yes, it's a serious article and has been making the rounds on the internet in the firearms community over the last couple weeks.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yes, it's a serious article and has been making the rounds on the internet in the firearms community over the last couple weeks.
I understand their frustration ( I guess), but it seems that they've failed to understand the evolving community of firearms enthusiasts, and what motivates them.

Reactions: dougiemac