Remington yellow box

GA Firing Line

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I'm having really perfect success with the yellow box fmj rounds for my range shoots. Zero failures..of any type. Like I said in the porst I put up on the 40 s&w forum...I still put a few of my evryday carry rounds every other trip. (Hornady FTX CD) I buy the ammo from Sportsman Warehouse on line.. They have sales often enough that saves me at least the postage.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Never any problems with Remington for me either, but expensive enough that I usually pass it by. I kind of gave up on ammo from S.W., they never seemed to have what I was looking for. I have great luck @ Ammo To Go for all caliber purchases. Of course, everyone's own mileage varies! Yogi 8)

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I've never bought it online but in my local stores, there's almost no price advantage to buying the big Remington bulk boxes. if I'm going to buy that much ammo at once, there had better be a cost advantage.

I have shot I before though. it cycled perfectly and didn't seem any dirtier than anything else.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I only buy these bulk when they are reduced by at least 20%...or with free shipping. The savings comes to about $7.00 per yellow box, and it sent free to me at the office. Not that much..but okay by me. I really enjoy the rounds, as they seem to work +1 for me. I also usually buy my ammo at the LGS. Ain't guns fun YZ9890?!

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
framedcraig1 said:
I only buy these bulk when they are reduced by at least 20%...or with free shipping. The savings comes to about $7.00 per yellow box, and it sent free to me at the office. Not that much..but okay by me. I really enjoy the rounds, as they seem to work +1 for me. I also usually buy my ammo at the LGS. Ain't guns fun YZ9890?!

they are that. spent the last couple hours teaching my 11yr old son how to field strip, clean, and reassemble my SGL21. it's strange how proud watching him bang on the dust cover and function check makes me. you'd think he just scored a touchdown or something.

and I'd be all over those Remington's with a $7 discount.