Remington model 12B Gallery Special

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
I

iacountryboy

I found an old Remington Model 12 B Gallery Special .22 short today for a reasonable price but it needs some parts. Anyone have any good leads where to find parts or a donor rifle? What I need most is the butt stock.

M

mukwah

Try Numrich Gun Parts. Google it and check them out! How about some pics?

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
http://www.gun-parts.com/remington22rifle/

Bob's could be a good source.

The Old Carnival Guns go way back to the early 1900s. Back in the day you could go to a midway and win a cuipe doll for your sweet heart, plus impress her with your marksman ship. One summer, as a teenager, I got a job working for a carnival and spent sometime folding canvas tents, popping off a few rounds and trying to sneak into the Hootchie Koochie Show Tent.

Remington Model 12B .22 Caliber "Gallery Special"

Here's a rather descriptive video of a really nice looking one, that's seems to have survived the years.

Congratulations of your find.

I

iacountryboy

Slowhand said:
http://www.gun-parts.com/remington22rifle/

Bob's could be a good source.

The Old Carnival Guns go way back to the early 1900s. Back in the day you could go to a midway and win a cuipe doll for your sweet heart, plus impress her with your marksman ship. One summer, as a teenager, I got a job working for a carnival and spent sometime folding canvas tents, popping off a few rounds and trying to sneak into the Hootchie Koochie Show Tent.

Here's a rather descriptive video of a really nice looking one, that's seems to have survived the years.

Congratulations of your find.

I worked for a carnival for 7 years in my younger days. Lot of hard work. Payin the price now but would do it all over again. I digress.
Mines not very pretty. with the condition it is in I don't think rebluing it will hurt the value. I'll try to get a picture up but I'm not very good at that. going to check out those sites mentioned. Thanks for all the help.

I

iacountryboy

Made it to the range last Monday with my recently purchased Remington .22. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find any ammo for it but scored a couple hundred shorts at the local farm store.

It has been many years since I have shot anything that only took shorts. I loaded 10 rounds into the tube and pumped a round into the chamber aimed and pulled the trigger. With the ear plugs in I thought it misfired. I pumped another round in after waiting a minute and tried it again neglecting to look at what it ejected. Same result.

This time I saw that the ejected shell had fired! LOL. It is so quiet I couldn't hear it with my plugs in. My son and I were the only ones at the range so I took the plugs out and fired again. It sounded like an air rifle going off. The sound of the round hitting the target at 50 meters was louder than the rifle. (the 25 meter range was to muddy).

We had a blast with it after that. We ran 100 rounds through it without a hiccup.

That was one of the best deals I ever got on a rifle. It's had a rough life but still shoots like a dream. I'll be stocking up on .22 shorts when I can find them. The Grandsons are gonna love this. I certainly do!

Wish I could post a picture but can't seem to figure out how. Tried but I guess my picture files are to large.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL. I haven't fired a 22 Short round since around the late 60's so I 'd be a bit confused myself.

Check out Photobucket. That's what a lot of people use (including myself) to upload and reduce their photo in size. I Private Messaged you a link where you can wade through it with some helpful information and a few tips.

Thanks for the range report,

M

mukwah

Sounds like a ton of fun countryboy! Hope you can figure out Photo bucket cause I'd sure love to see s pic of that gallery rifle!

M

mukwah

Here's my old .22 High Standard pump (circa '63) that I rescued from a rusty dusty fate.
ejanagap.jpg

I

iacountryboy

OK gonna try a couple photos. I'm not much of a photographer. The main thing I'd like to find for this is a good butt stock. I wanted to find one that is original to it but am finding that is next to impossible.

I

iacountryboy

Photobucket works pretty good after the grandkids showed me how to use it LOL

M

mukwah

Nice countryboy! I'll bet that thing could tell some stories!

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
iacountryboy said:
Photobucket works pretty good after the grandkids showed me how to use it LOL

Nice photos. She's been down some roads. Good luck on finding an original stock. Great old classic.