Range time with my daughter

GA Firing Line

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I took my daughter to the range today for some target practice. Sorry, no pictures but we did have a lot of fun. My son decided to spend the day with his girlfriend instead of shooting with us. So I got to spend some 1 on 1 time with my daughter. We took the Ruger 10/22, Ruger 22/45, Ruger LCP, Ruger SR1911 and a Nagant revolver. I had not shot the Nagant and really wanted to see what it would do.

I have a membership at a local indoor range Top Gun Shooting Sports. So we packed up the truck and headed there to get a lane. Surprisingly they were full. All 15 lanes were rented and there were 2 reservations in front of us, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes until a lane freed up for us.

My daughter shot 300 rounds through the Ruger 10/22 and 160 rounds through the Ruger 22/45. We split a box of 50 PPU 7.62x38 in the Nagant revolver. My daughter had a pretty hard time with the Nagant's stiff trigger, even shooting it in single action. But I found it to be pretty darn accurate. I was surprised how well it grouped my shots at 15 yards. Next up was the LCP. I had not shot it in a while so I put a 50 round box of Estate ammo through it. I don't normally use Estate, but its what was in stock at the range. It cycled good and shot strong so I will buy it if I find it in stock somewhere. Last but not least was the SR1911. I put 50 more rounds through it for a total of 150 rounds since I bought it. This is a very nice shooting gun and I am glad I bought it.

That was pretty much our day. 2 hours of shooting, cost us about $30 and we had fun.

M

mukwah

Good deal Bubba! Those are times you and your daughter will cherish forever!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

D

Denny4kids

Bubba, very very well done! After reading your post I asked my Daughter, (26) if she remembered shooting when she was little. She had about 4 trips on the tip of her tongue and we laughed so hard remembering the time when I was blowing up a red chalk powder filled balloon to shoot at and it blew up in my face! Good job Bubba! Enjoy your kids....now. Denny

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Trigger_1 said:
Bubba.....Did she keep any of your guns..... :D

She doesn't have any of my guns yet, but she really likes the 22's. I have been debating what to get her for her first gun. I was thinking about the M&P 22 in pink camo. But I am seriously thinking about just getting her an AR with a 22 conversion kit. That way if she ever outgrows a 22 she can convert it back to an AR. I plan to purchase an AR for each of the kids anyway, you never know if they will be able to later on in life or not. This way she has both.

Thoughts?