Range report (AK - 9/10/13)

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
When I purchased my AK Sunday I only purchased 40 rounds of the Wolf Military Classic FMJ 124gr rounds and 20 of the Wolf 123gr jhp since I am unfamiliar with what's good out there in the 7.62x39 world I was conservative on the ammo purchase, I will do some youtubing this week and brush up on a decent range round. As for the AK, WOW I am in love! The trigger pull is light and VERY smooth, recoil was very manageable but of course I did do any rapid firing as I only shot 30 rounds (1 mag he-he) through it last night. I just wanted to see if it would go BANG before I bought a bunch of ammo, well it surely and sweetly did. I will get a bunch of ammo now and go out and get acquainted with it. Only thing is after I got home I noticed the magazine's follower wasn't very firm against the top of the mag, I put a round in it and it was a little loose, maybe a weak spring or just needs a good cleaning? I am planning on getting a few more mags and I am guessing I can clean\rebuild this one so I am not going to sweat it. Main thing is the rifle is solid and runs very well. I am VERY happy with my new rifle. Life is good.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:
You are on your way. Buy lots of ammo now. Those high capacity mags (that guys like us should not have) sure eat up some ammo!

Yeah maybe I should find some 10rnd mags so because that's all I'll ever need if I ever had to defend myself... ;) :D

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Keep checking at Walmart for the 7.62 by 39 ammo.
When you find it $5.17 for a box of 20.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Looks like Wolf has the market about covered for the 7.62x39. Being an AK I guess manufacturer isn't that important since it's suppose to gobble up just about any kind of ammo. I have yet to see any brass rounds but I haven't looked that hard.