Range backpacks

Howard Law

StateFarmJake

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
What is everyone using as a range back pack and what stuff do you put in it to take to the range?

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
For a long time I just used an ammo can and it worked out great lol, I ended up picking up a 5.11 bag a while back and it's actually pretty nice, really depends on what I'm doing as to what's in the bag though, for typical tag along in the truck I keep a 1911, a G17 and a G19 with about 6 mags each and the same for the 1911, bout 500 rds of 147gr 9mm and 150 rds of .45 acp, muffs/gun belt and holsters along with some targets and tape and some very basic tools/cleaner/oil. ..I also keep some extra fibre rods for my sights just in case,

Nice part is the bag itself loaded down like this isn't all that heavy, I have another little tag along bag that I'll use when I don't feel like taking all of this out with me

View attachment 1073 View attachment 1074 View attachment 1075

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I used to use a 5.11 range bag, which was a great bad.  The down side is it was so big it would get real heavy real fast.  Carrying it from stage to stage at USPSA matches was brutal.  I switched to a GPS Tactical backpack.  It's awesome.  Dedicated compartment for handguns with 3 individual handgun cases designed to fit inside, two large areas on top, and admin type pocket for ear plugs, markers, shot timer, and a lower section designed for tools, cleaning equipment, etc.  It also has MOLLE on the outside to add pockets as needed and a dedicated waterproof rain cover that tucks away.  I've been VERY pleased with it!

View attachment 593