• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
There's a lot of truth to that. However, the street price should eventually be less than $2800 and I could never bring myself to get one without "HK" on the side. I realize I'm in the minority though.
You think they gonna come down from 2800??? I think They’re gonna go up homie

I don’t think HK will leave it on the line up forever. Especially at their current prices and they never drop prices. Once the fan boys have gobbled up their fill at 2800.00 it’ll sit there with smaller and smaller stock till one day it disappears like the USP, and USC, and P7, and SL8 etc

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes

I don’t think HK will leave it on the line up forever. Especially at their current prices and they never drop prices. Once the fan boys have gobbled up their fill at 2800.00 it’ll sit there with smaller and smaller stock till one day it disappears like the USP, and USC, and P7, and SL8 etc

People have already bought them for less than $2800. From what I've read it's not a limited production run. Something like 500 now, 500 after the 1st of the year, and then who knows? They wouldn't have gone thru the hassle to sell 1000 pistols.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

+1

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
People have already bought them for less than $2800. From what I've read it's not a limited production run. Something like 500 now, 500 after the 1st of the year, and then who knows? They wouldn't have gone thru the hassle to sell 1000 pistols.

flippers.

How'd they get them for less than $2800 already? Had to have the inside line. Like to even get one at any price.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
flippers.

How'd they get them for less than $2800 already? Had to have the inside line. Like to even get one at any price.

They were on sale at regular retailers for MSRP or less until everything learned of their release. I think we'll see these in increased numbers and I'm excited about it, but most are ho-hum on it, which is fine by me.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Globally, nobody does.

*American* military standard, and our allies use it because we supply it
Well I am debating buying a 5.56 rifle...but somehow feel cheated when I buy 5.56 ammo. I was trying to figure out why it was popular and if the sole reason was because the green boys (or brownish boys now) use it...and it seems that that is pretty much the primary reason. I was casually looking at a scout-type bolt gun and was amazed at how many I see are offered in 5.56...which is sort of a head scratcher to me

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
As opposed to 7.62 x 39 or any other caliber? We all assume a moderate amount of testing goes into choosing a caliber and a weapon so consumers latch onto that, and mostly for good reason.
For most civilian purposes it just seems like an odd choice to have become so popular

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
For most civilian purposes it just seems like an odd choice to have become so popular
Yeah 5.56 is good when you’re humping a rifle and combat load for 10-12 miles with a billion other pounds of gear. The weapon is lighter the ammo is lighter so it allows you to carry more ammunition at the same weight as your enemy which when used in conjunction with controlled rates of fire let’s you run a gunfight longer. Aside from the military roll there’s MUCH better cartridges to run stateside for different stuff; hunting, self defense, long range etc.

I still love my 5.56 but only in the AR platform. No need for a bolt gun, or any other roll really.

guess it’s a good medium sized varmint round too?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah 5.56 is good when you’re humping a rifle and combat load for 10-12 miles with a billion other pounds of gear. The weapon is lighter the ammo is lighter so it allows you to carry more ammunition at the same weight as your enemy which when used in conjunction with controlled rates of fire let’s you run a gunfight longer. Aside from the military roll there’s MUCH better cartridges to run stateside for different stuff; hunting, self defense, long range etc.

I still love my 5.56 but only in the AR platform. No need for a bolt gun, or any other roll really.

guess it’s a good medium sized varmint round too?
Agreed. For combat I think it's a fine choice. I suppose I never realized how much copy-cat syndrome influences the market...kinda like beards in the last 10 years