• Total voters

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I know this isn't you, but it helped me a lot to learn to say "it's just a house"... and it really is just a house. Never seen a perfect one.

Wise words right here.

fe2daec4e3b5c07177169880ece300bd.jpg

a1b0744587d85f5047b0d93d54eb6a84.jpg

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
One last thing, then I'm going to go have a beer and sew some leather...

Did your metal ballusters have that little square metal cover at the bottom? It slides up and there's a screw under it you can take out. Tilt and remove.

Or it's possible they mortised them into the wood I guess.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
One last thing, then I'm going to go have a beer and sew some leather...

Did your metal ballusters have that little square metal cover at the bottom? It slides up and there's a screw under it you can take out. Tilt and remove.

Or it's possible they mortised them into the wood I guess.

I think we are working on getting another carpet guy over here who knows what he is doing and someone else who knows how to remove and reinstall these spindles. I think (hope) this will be the answer.

I agree with you about the "it's just a house" thing. I've been learning that with the repairs and stuff with the one we are selling and then all the stuff I have to repair or change with this one. There are things I've learned to try and live with, but this stairway isn't going to be one of them since I'm paying the bill for it...

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I think we are working on getting another carpet guy over here who knows what he is doing and someone else who knows how to remove and reinstall these spindles. I think (hope) this will be the answer.

I agree with you about the "it's just a house" thing. I've been learning that with the repairs and stuff with the one we are selling and then all the stuff I have to repair or change with this one. There are things I've learned to try and live with, but this stairway isn't going to be one of them since I'm paying the bill for it...

No- that carpet guy effed up hard... that needs to be fixed.