• Total voters

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
Check it. Company sent out a return to work policy stating that if you travel to a “hot spot” or outside the country you have to quarantine for 14 days unpaid

I politely responded and ask if they’ve looked at DPH website because technically coming into the office were traveling into a hot spot. I’m not trying to be a dick but I read shit before I sign it and want some clarification.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
If I have a shotgun, I agree completely.

Assuming you only have your EDC or AK/AR with you...then what do you do?

I'm pretty sure they would move on, (run like hell more like it.) if you shoot one or two of the attackers in the head. I'm not a lawyer, nor is this legal advice.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
If you see someone getting their skull crushed in, you don't have a legal obligation to render aid. If you decide to render aid, the use of deadly force is authorized in defense of the life of another. If shots are fired and a stray bullet hits a bystander, the bystander may not have legal recourse. That doesn't mean you won't get arrested or face charges. What all this means is that it'll be easier to establish an affirmative defense (yes, you shot someone, but it was for a valid reason). That's my understanding of how that hypothetical scenario would work.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
If you see someone getting their skull crushed in, you don't have a legal obligation to render aid. If you decide to render aid, the use of deadly force is authorized in defense of the life of another. If shots are fired and a stray bullet hits a bystander, the bystander may not have legal recourse. That doesn't mean you won't get arrested or face charges. What all this means is that it'll be easier to establish an affirmative defense (yes, you shot someone, but it was for a valid reason). That's my understanding of how that hypothetical scenario would work.
I’m warm and fuzzy inside

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Would have to analyze your surroundings quick. Have you seen the Spetnaz video where the guy discharges his pistol straight down at his feet for crowd control? I can see that on dirt but I don't want to try it on pavement. And I'm not sure I'd think to even do that...

I mean in reality hard to imagine what I would do but i can not stand by and let anyone get beat to death.
Big Dilemma on what to do.
I guess look for a backstop and fire one round is the best option i herd, because a fired round in to the air is reckless.
Only backstop i can think of that is everywhere in a city is a drain on side of the street.
Situations move fast and sometimes you do not have time to think and just react, and hopefully Training kicks in and you do not hurt a bystander.
The general Population who have firearms do not train or have not been trained properly and will not think of these scenarios you are thinking of and foresight is not something we are blessed with in an emergency situation and it is just our best guess, so train for scenarios and hope for the best.
BTW i will now train myself for this very Scenario.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I mean in reality hard to imagine what I would do but i can not stand by and let anyone get beat to death.
Big Dilemma on what to do.
I guess look for a backstop and fire one round is the best option i herd, because a fired round in to the air is reckless.
Only backstop i can think of that is everywhere in a city is a drain on side of the street.
Situations move fast and sometimes you do not have time to think and just react, and hopefully Training kicks in and you do not hurt a bystander.
The general Population who have firearms do not train or have not been trained properly and will not think of these scenarios you are thinking of and foresight is not something we are blessed with in an emergency situation and it is just our best guess, so train for scenarios and hope for the best.
BTW i will now train myself for this very Scenario.

The drain for a backstop is a great idea. I didn't think about that and I'm sitting at my desk, I sure wouldn't have thought about it in a real-world situation.

I very rarely get to go shooting, so as much as I hate to say it, I don't have training for this type of situation. I do know that emergency situations don't affect me much, if at all, until after the fact. I think maintaining a level head and thinking clearly is definitely a big part of it.

I would never expect to find myself in this situation, but with riots becoming more common, I guess you just never know.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
The drain for a backstop is a great idea. I didn't think about that and I'm sitting at my desk, I sure wouldn't have thought about it in a real-world situation.

I very rarely get to go shooting, so as much as I hate to say it, I don't have training for this type of situation. I do know that emergency situations don't affect me much, if at all, until after the fact. I think maintaining a level head and thinking clearly is definitely a big part of it.

I would never expect to find myself in this situation, but with riots becoming more common, I guess you just never know.

I understand completely and I keep a cool head in Hard Situations.
But even just thinking about what you have and what is going on helps to think of backstops or what you might need to do.
I actually thought of drains because of pictures of the city during heavy rains and watching the streets flood.
My wife used to say that was useless information but now she gets that it is part of situational awareness.