Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Changed the illuminator on the M21. This is how it should come from the factory. I'm really digging it, hopefully get to put some rounds downrange soon and try it out. But playing with it in the house, I REALLY like it. The illuminator was only $30 shipped. If it's not bright enough, you can double up on a different battery (I forget which number)

20200426_112021.jpg 20200426_111949.jpg 20200426_111939.jpg

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
If these guns could only talk. The Remington Mosin especially I mean damn it’s just cool to think about where all it has been and now my stupid ass is holding it lol

View attachment 79637

View attachment 79636
Wow, that’s cool.
Those were both made for the Tsarist forces before the Red October Revolution in 1917.

Only Mosin I ever owned was a 1936, nuttin special ‘bout it. Sold it last week.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Haters gone hate when I pull up in that CAT
Nah man. I love that body style...but seriously, they are horrible no matter how well taken care of. If the electrical system doesn't spontaneously combust they are super maintenance inte sive and parts are expensive. Youd be better off buying a roller and putting a SBC in it....even then, the electrics will short one day.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
They are beautiful...love that body style. However Jags reliability & quality during that era was rather lacking. I'd suggest setting aside a lot of money for repairs and maintenance.

British way : Jzag-u-ahre. :D
'Mericun way : Jag-guar. :mad:

View attachment 79633

I love the 928s and thought about buying one a co-worker had, but Porsche's from any era are expensive to maintain...especially if no regular maintenance has been done. I passed on it as you can spend a small fortune on an 928 V8 engine rebuild. But I just love the looks of those cars.....
From what I understand about those old Jags, you can put a Ford or Chevy V-8 under the hood, swap out the electronics with modern kits, and you’ll have a pretty fast car there - If you add nitrous - that’ll beat a Ferrari off the line! For pennies on the dollar!!!

But you’ll have to remove every creature comfort, as well as the passenger seats, trim, muffler, lights (need extra air intakes), etc.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
It’ll be free to me
My brother got a boat that way. A ‘friend’ of his gave it to him because he couldn’t afford the dock fees anymore. I think it was a 1970’s wooden 60’ sailboat. Erich spent a bunch of time replacing the pitch and rope seals between the boards, refinishing the interior, rebuilding the engine...only to find out the frame had dry-rot. Would’ve required being dry-docked for extensive and very expensive surgery.
He had to walk away from it.
Turned out his buddy already knew, and so did most of the other folks on the dock, he couldn’t even have sold it to another sucker.

Convoy

All American Knucklehead
Mar 23, 2020
Cherokee
From what I understand about those old Jags, you can put a Ford or Chevy V-8 under the hood, swap out the electronics with modern kits, and you’ll have a pretty fast car there - If you add nitrous - that’ll beat a Ferrari off the line! For pennies on the dollar!!! But you’ll have to remove every creature comfort, as well as the passenger seats, trim, muffler, lights (need extra air intakes), etc.

I understand why a V8 conversion would be done, but the V12 is part of it's character. I'd hate to remove it and raise the hood only to see yet another Shevie Three-Fiddy. The last generation 4 liter 6 cylinder cars might be the better car from an maintenance/service standpoint, but I'd want a V12. But...I'd also hate walking home at 11.30 pm on a rainy night cause it quit!