Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
If they ever hit the market, they'll have plenty of "issues" that need to get ironed out. Throngs of eager fanbois will sign up and pay full retail pricing to become beta testers and work through all the new products' teething problems. After the bullshit I went through with one of their brand new GB2s several years ago, I'm waiting on the sidelines until enough data points are established.

Again, this is assuming that this stuff isn't vaporware. Still waiting on a 5.56x45 AK or a 74.

Yeah dude an their AKs are 800-900? GTFO gimme a WASR any day

I'm hoping that the Kalashnikov USA rifles live up to their reputation set by their parent company in the Motherland. When equipped equally between the new Kalashnikov USA rifles and the new PSA rifles they should be around the same price anyways. I'd rather have the Kalashnikov USA AK with actual ties to the real deal Russian rifles than a PSA AK any day of the week.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The Stribog needs to get their mags figured out. Waiting on A3 and better mags.

Someone should make some aftermarket Stribog mags that are metal lined and have metal feed lips. With the success that the Stribog has had I'm sure they'd have trouble keeping up with the demand.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Someone should make some aftermarket Stribog mags that are metal lined and have metal feed lips. With the success that the Stribog has had I'm sure they'd have trouble keeping up with the demand.
Oh that's what the complaint is? Has this been an issue or is this just where "that would be really awesome to have?"

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
What's the deal with the mags? I haven't had any issues with them.

The main problem is a lot of people are reporting cracked and broken feed lips on the Stribog mags. Some are claiming that they are separating along the spine as well when stored loaded. I'm sure it's not as big of a problem as the internet makes it out to be though, just like a lot of stuff.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
If they ever hit the market, they'll have plenty of "issues" that need to get ironed out. Throngs of eager fanbois will sign up and pay full retail pricing to become beta testers and work through all the new products' teething problems. After the bullshit I went through with one of their brand new GB2s several years ago, I'm waiting on the sidelines until enough data points are established.

Again, this is assuming that this stuff isn't vaporware. Still waiting on a 5.56x45 AK or a 74.

100%. like i said i belive these will actually hit the market sooner than later, esp the AK variants. But i 100% agree that they will use the first round buyers as QC, just like new cars, always gotta wait till the first ones get out hte door so you can see the problems first.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
The main problem is a lot of people are reporting cracked and broken feed lips on the Stribog mags. Some are claiming that they are separating along the spine as well when stored loaded. I'm sure it's not as big of a problem as the internet makes it out to be though, just like a lot of stuff.

Probably not, I think I also saw a supposed explanation that a pallet had been loaded incorrectly, as in a bunch of mags got crushed I guess....

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Lots of guys in the ARF Stribog thread talking about their mags cracking. The mags haven't been cracking empty in their basement in Insta photos though :becky:
It seems like there's issues with storing the mags loaded... could be a batch of magazines with a bad sonic weld along the spine or something like that. Kinda hard to tell if the material is properly welded until a bunch start failing.
Believe it or not, I've actually shot my Stribog and have a few hundred rounds though it. Kind of my favorite firearm at the moment. I could see putting many thousands of rounds through it. I never bothered storing my Stribog mags loaded though - they get emptied out pretty quick at the range. Might be cool if Tapco made some Stribog mags (only halfway joking here).

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Man, as much as I hate Glock, I tried my hardest to get this. I'm sure it'll pop up on ODT for $1200.
View attachment 64578

Where are these coming from? I just looked on their IG and didnt see anything. Looked on Twitter too but used the browser since I don't have the app or a Twitter acct.