Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Guns are THINGS

At 18 I was much more wealth driven (mainly because I had zilch). My attitude has changed over the years that too many "things" will just drag you down. I feel like I've been dragging around too much junk. I didn't look at it that way earlier in life because that was all I had to my name. Weird.
Yes they are...but also I think guns transcend being a thing when you realize how rare in this world it is for regular fucks like me and the rest of us( but obviously not the 1% you) can freely own them. I genuinely view my guns as a physical manifestation of freedom....the ideals of the Constitution forged into each molecule of steel.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Guns are THINGS
My attitude has changed over the years that too many "things" will just drag you down. I feel like I've been dragging around too much junk. I didn't look at it that way earlier in life because that was all I had to my name. Weird.

I feel ya. I've been like this a little bit lately bc I've literally got guns/gun mags/pouches/ammo cans/ammo spread out all over the bedroom. I could store them in a different room but I don't spend any time in the rest of the house really and I guess I'd have separation anxiety or worry about them not being in my sight.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Yes they are...but also I think guns transcend being a thing when you realize how rare in this world it is for regular fucks like me and the rest of us( but obviously not the 1% you) can freely own them. I genuinely view my guns as a physical manifestation of freedom....the ideals of the Constitution forged into each molecule of steel.
Guns can be an actual, bona fide investment, so it's less of a "thing" for me than piles of notebooks, computer hardware, CDs, old clothes, and crap like that.
Guns also take up a lot less space than things that depreciate quickly over time.

Ok, so maybe I am still wealth driven when I look at things like that, but it's narrowed over time.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Guns can be an actual, bona fide investment, so it's less of a "thing" for me than piles of notebooks, computer hardware, CDs, old clothes, and crap like that.
Guns also take up a lot less space than things that depreciate quickly over time.

Ok, so maybe I am still wealth driven when I look at things like that, but it's narrowed over time.
The store of value aspect of guns is a big bonus

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I feel ya. I've been like this a little bit lately bc I've literally got guns/gun mags/pouches/ammo cans/ammo spread out all over the bedroom. I could store them in a different room but I don't spend any time in the rest of the house really and I guess I'd have separation anxiety or worry about them not being in my sight.
Good thing you dont collect surplus uniforms and other useless shit. At least gunss/mags/pouches/ammo are worth something.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Got probably 3-400 rds thru my TX-22. Runs great. Just have to make sure you load the mags correctly, otherwise you get rim lock with the ammo.

Comes threaded and has a mag loading helper as well to save your thumbs.

Mags are scarce right now. I think these things are selling pretty briskly.