Preparedness

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
I posted this on the other forum and want to share it here.

If you want to be ready under almost any circumstance (assuming you have at least one hand free and are still conscious) carry in a GOOD accessible holster (if you are down, on your back with someone on top of you that nifty 4:00 o'clock strong side carry is going to be hard to access [this is where a good argument for a back up gun can be made]) with your weapon(s) loaded and all safeties off (your only worry is getting a gun out of its holster far enough to pull the trigger).

Everything else is irrelevant: laser sights, grip tape, night sights, Sneaky Pete, polished barrels, cushion grips,...

Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in aids and accessories that we (and I really mean, I) lose sight of the need to shoot accurately at expected self defense ranges. My Ruger pistols aren't rifles and I ain't no Hikock45. My solution (a concept in progress) was to buy an Sr-22 pistol and practice, practice, practice.

Just my opinion.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Mayonardo said. My solution (a concept in progress) was to buy an Sr-22 pistol and practice, practice, practice.
I agree and that is what we did/do. Not always with just the SR22 but with several other .22's, 9mm's, and .45's. If we think we will have to use it we practice with it. It is wearing down my ammo supply but hopefully stocks will start showing up in the stores again soon.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Mayo....Something I think about when doing practice drills is to move after 2 quick shots....

If a person is a stationary target for a BG it is easy for the BG to get a bead on you....

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I am fortunate to be able to shoot at home. I use bouncing ground targets with a drill of my own. I single or double tap the target then move left, right, back, or forward 2 or 3 steps and repeat. I move a different direction each time. So it is bang bang move, bang bang move, bang bang move. If you have a safe place to do it you will find it very humbling. I have also done this drill with a stationary hanging target, like a bowling pin.

If I do it poorly enough I will substitue a pop can for the bouncing target and break out the Saiga. I always win then. :)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I have used my SR22PB enough now..that the bad guy would loose. Tack driver. 10 rounds (11) with stingers aboard. I'm starting to use it a little as backup to the LC9..or the LCR .38. Back on target after the first shot...uh...YES. Shoot and move? Well..I'm gonna give it a try in a SHTF. Ten to the bad guy.....yep.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Thats why I bought my SR22PB, great little trainer, unfortunately I am at my cut off point to where my range trips to the range will be close to none. These genius's that keep panic buying as tore my ammo cash down to where I am not going to use it. I will hit the range when I can afford the $22.95 box of 50 fmj's or when I can find some .22's. Until it gets better I will just have to live vicariously through the forum range trip posts.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I posted on another thread about the Marine recon now home with a war disability, he teaching defense classes for ccw. He teaches both private and public. He insist his students train at home or where ever with a air gun. As I mentioned on the other post, He was preaching to the choir, but getting through to most powder shooters was a waste of time. Regardless, I also have posted before about the new sport Steel Plate action shooting with air guns. If anyone is interested below seems to be one of the most popular pistols they use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWG6D_dOcY

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Walther_CP88_Nickel_6_inch_barrel/113

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I have a old Crossman 1911 style bb gun I bought back in the 80's but it is pretty slow shooting. I was looking around and I seen the Crossman C11 BB Co2, 480fps and it has a 20 round mag thats easy to load and it's only $39.95. Nice looking pistol. I know someone that has a Colt Defender BB pistol but hard to load but its feel heavy like a real gun. I think I am going to get a new bb pistol, not sure which one yet. This ammo hunting costs gas and I am having a hard for spending $22.95 for a box of 50 9mm fmj's, and .22lr's has left the area, none to get and not rich enough to order bulk online. How depressing.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
I don't get this kind of thinking, never have.

If I'm at the point where I can't access my gun to save my life, then I'm scooping eyeballs out with fingernails and biting noses off or chunks out of extremities.

I've always been the type that takes things to that level most would never expect, desire, or dare, both verbally and physically. I have no problems bathing in blood and guts of another if it is necessary to win. I will do anything and everything to ensure victory in survival.

I've yet to meet another who could ever challenge me in anything, and that's simply due to an utter lack of boundaries or borders. There's no line uncrossable nor such thing as too far. I've never felt threatened or scared. I've been mugged and pistol whipped; jumped and beaten and walked away without even breathing heavy.

I have a very, very long fuse, but am straight Greek Fire if ignited. I've always known this about myself, and have trained to be calm and collected as not to allow me to do what is in my nature. I am family & friends for an eye, life for a tooth. I am hit me and stab you. I am over passionate and black or white only. I know pressure points and feel little pain when in fit of rage. I am pure impetuousness.

To me, who cares if I can't get my gun? My gun is mercy compared to me. Pray you never know my wrath or vengeance.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2