Out with the old and in with the new

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
You got to think of it this way...I have been in 1000's of safes, I have seen lil old ladies with dildo's, elementary school teacher with crack, etc, etc, etc... I've been in million dollar homes with 0 cash and 100,000 homes with so much cash their safe door get stuck!

honestly,I'm not coming to any of you crazy assholes house, if I'm going to rob, I'm hitting commercial place I know have money when they are closed, without any guns! LOL

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I've been looking for a larger safe, but I was wondering, what is the "lightest" in weight but still maintains high fire rating around the 20 - 24 gun size? (I know the 2 don't go together, but just curious if there was such a thing).

With a 2 story house, I don't want to drag 1000 lbs up stairs, but I don't really want to keep it in the garage.

Keep in-mind, not always but 95% of the time...heavier the safe the better the quality.

with that said you can pull the door off of about 75% of the gun safes on the market today, that would reduce the weight by 1/3

the next thing is if you bring a 600lb safe up stairs and load it with 2,000lbs worth of stuff, there is a huge RISK that it could end up back on the 1st floor. (that's almost guaranteed in a fire)

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Keep in-mind, not always but 95% of the time...heavier the safe the better the quality.

with that said you can pull the door off of about 75% of the gun safes on the market today, that would reduce the weight by 1/3

the next thing is if you bring a 600lb safe up stairs and load it with 2,000lbs worth of stuff, there is a huge RISK that it could end up back on the 1st floor. (that's almost guaranteed in a fire)
That's what I've seen in most research, just figured I'd check to see if such a thing existed.

Obviously, the garage works for bolting to the slab, but I hate the thought of a safe in the garage without air conditioning; I wish my laundry room was bigger so it could stay in the a/c :(

I've been over this countless times in my mind. I'm not opposed to a small safe in the bedroom for select go-to guns and the main safe on the ground floor, but I keep coming back to the potential of arming the intruders before I know what's going on.

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
That's what I've seen in most research, just figured I'd check to see if such a thing existed.

Obviously, the garage works for bolting to the slab, but I hate the thought of a safe in the garage without air conditioning; I wish my laundry room was bigger so it could stay in the a/c :(

I've been over this countless times in my mind. I'm not opposed to a small safe in the bedroom for select go-to guns and the main safe on the ground floor, but I keep coming back to the potential of arming the intruders before I know what's going on.

Honestly man I'd put a REAL safe in my garage and not worry about any of it...

Semi-Pro

Woodsman
May 17, 2015
Smalltown, GA
Just broke down and bought The winchester on sale at TSC. Figured it was better. 204lbs heavier than the equivalent Canon and 12 locking bolts instead of 3. I was tired of researching.

Reactions: jwtug

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I know this for a fact (but I won't say where I got this info); on here though, I've been reassured that they respect your privacy

Yup, Hoss asked my permission before he fondled me.

Reactions: sam