380 New Jeff Hayes LCP Cross Draw OWB

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Jeff Hayes who live a couple of hours north of me in Colorado Springs, just sent me one of his "high and tight" OWB cross draw holsters for my LCP. Since getting my Crimson Trace Laserguard I have been carrying it in a Bear Creek pocket holster and wanted another non-pocket option.

Getting a cross draw (my preferred carry style) OWB holster that is 1. secure, 2. accessible, and 3. conceals well is very difficult I have been on the lookout for a good one. When I am in the car it is good to have my larger handgun in my Concealed Caddy and another at the cross draw on me. Easy to get to and when I am out of the car, especially sitting down somewhere, a cross draw still provides excellent accessibility.

Anyway, Jeff sent this one built for the LCP/CT combo. I took a few quick snaps with the trusty EDC iPhone and will post a more in-depth review and better pictures on my blog soon.
Sdcarry.blogspot.com

I have had it on all day and it is living up to expectations. Since I carry the LCP around the house and frequently out and about this rig will get a lot of use time which I will report on. Jeff makes a quality holster and this, so far, is the best OWB cross draw holster I have tried, and I have tried a few.

See his stuff at: www.haysholsters.com

Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk

R

rayzer007

Looks like a nice, close carry Mike. I hate cross draws that flop out too far from the body.

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Mayo, I think you've given me an idea for a cross-draw design variation of the holster I made for strong-side OWB. When I find time, I'll work on it.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Still working well. I also like how little of the holster rides below the belt line. Had it on all day yesterday and although I knew it was there, it did not constantly remind me of that fact. Comfort is very good. Still close to the body, but time will tell how it holds up to daily wear in that regard.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
mayonardo said:
Still working well. I also like how little of the holster rides below the belt line. Had it on all day yesterday and although I knew it was there, it did not constantly remind me of that fact. Comfort is very good. Still close to the body, but time will tell how it holds up to daily wear in that regard.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk
Jeff makes pretty good stuff. I have 3 of his X-Draw holsters, for my LCP, Glock26 & SP-101. They all ride very well. Enjoy! Yogi 8)