New Glock

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
my pinky hangs off the end of the 19

Just curious, how big/tall are you? I ask because in the past 30 years of the G19's existence, virtually all of the people I've heard make this statement have done so in January of 2018 which is rather odd to me.

Reactions: Leshaire

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Just curious, how big/tall are you? I ask because in the past 30 years of the G19's existence, virtually all of the people I've heard make this statement have done so in January of 2018 which is rather odd to me.

i'm 6'1" and 195 lbs.

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
Interesting. I'm 6'3"/205(ish) and have larger hands than most people I know. The G19 and pistols with grips of similar length (CZ P10C, S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, CZ P07, etc) have never struck me as being too short in the grip. Indeed, most of the complaints that I've heard about G19 grips over the years are that they're too big...

In any case, couldn't you just load a G17 mag into a G19 and use the mag itself as something to rest your pinky on? That's what I've done with my G26 for years.

Not trying to pick a fight, but it seems like there are a lot of solutions to the grip issue... and the G19X is the solution that makes the least sense to me.

Reactions: Leshaire

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
My hand does too, pretty uncomfortable.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Interesting. I'm 6'3"/205(ish) and have larger hands than most people I know. The G19 and pistols with grips of similar length (CZ P10C, S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, CZ P07, etc) have never struck me as being too short in the grip. Indeed, most of the complaints that I've heard about G19 grips over the years are that they're too big...

In any case, couldn't you just load a G17 mag into a G19 and use the mag itself as something to rest your pinky on? That's what I've done with my G26 for years.

Not trying to pick a fight, but it seems like there are a lot of solutions to the grip issue... and the G19X is the solution that makes the least sense to me.

well, i don't know how to explain it but my pinky is right there on the edge. i should correct my statement - it doesn't hang off but it feels like it's about to slip off. i actually shoot the g26 pretty well because the pinky is never on the grip. it's that perceived instability with the 19 that makes it a reverse goldilocks for me.

its worse having the grip-to-mag gap of a 17 mag in a 19. i solved my problem - i just went up to the 17.

i've said it before - glocks are not my favorite pistols. i decided about 4 years ago that i enjoy shooting rifles much more than pistols. i had a sig 226, an hk usp, two cz's, and two glocks (a 26 and a 19). i sold or traded them all and bought a g17.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I never cared for the 19. Ive had a few and sold them off after a few range trips

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
well, i don't know how to explain it but my pinky is right there on the edge. i should correct my statement - it doesn't hang off but it feels like it's about to slip off. i actually shoot the g26 pretty well because the pinky is never on the grip. it's that perceived instability with the 19 that makes it a reverse goldilocks for me.

its worse having the grip-to-mag gap of a 17 mag in a 19. i solved my problem - i just went up to the 17.

i've said it before - glocks are not my favorite pistols. i decided about 4 years ago that i enjoy shooting rifles much more than pistols. i had a sig 226, an hk usp, two cz's, and two glocks (a 26 and a 19). i sold or traded them all and bought a g17.
My pinky lands in the same place on a factory 19, kinda hangs right there on the edge and is annoying as hell. A 19 with no finger grooves and a deep undercut trigger gaurd is perfect though.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Not understanding the hatred of the 19X as a CCW.

Glock never designed it to be a CCW. It was designed to fit the parameters of the MHS contract, except they left off the thumb safety for the civilian market. It was designed as a military sidearm, or secondary weapon. The barrel length and magazine capacity are parts of the required specifications.

Being mad at GLOCK because the 19X doesn’t fit my idea of what a CCW should be would be like me getting pissed at Stihl because my chainsaw sucks at cutting grass.

Use the tool for the job it was designed for.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code

I agree entirely. I have always run a Pierce +2 on my 26 and a 17 Mag in my 19 when Im not carrying it IWB. This seems plenty reasonable AND gives you the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Herk

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I have personally seen malfunctions caused by using a G22 magazine in a G27. When a shooter does this, their bottom finger or 2 rests on the front of the magazine instead of the front strap of the frame. There is enough play in the magazine fit in the magwell that when the shooter puts pressure on the front of the magazine, it shifts the magazine and causes the feed lips to angle downwards. Now you’re changing the angle at which the magazine feeds. I’ve been able to duplicate this malfunction myself.

Haven’t seen it with a G26, but I’ve seen way more G27’s on the firing line than I have G26’s.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have personally seen malfunctions caused by using a G22 magazine in a G27. When a shooter does this, their bottom finger or 2 rests on the front of the magazine instead of the front strap of the frame. There is enough play in the magazine fit in the magwell that when the shooter puts pressure on the front of the magazine, it shifts the magazine and causes the feed lips to angle downwards. Now you’re changing the angle at which the magazine feeds. I’ve been able to duplicate this malfunction myself.

Haven’t seen it with a G26, but I’ve seen way more G27’s on the firing line than I have G26’s.

Do you think it has anything to do with the shape of the projectile?

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Do you think it has anything to do with the shape of the projectile?

It could be, since most .40 FMJ’s use a truncated cone design, but this design mimics the profile of many hollowpoints. So, if it won’t feed with a flatpoint FMJ, I wouldn’t trust it with HP’s.

Reactions: Jake

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code

There is at least 1 company that makes an adapter that slides onto the bottom of Glock mags, for use when using a longer magazine in a shorter frame. This fills a lot of that “gap” and I would think it would alleviate any possible issues.

Here is one for using G17/G22 mags in the G26/G27: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-22-magazine-to-fit-glock-26-27-polymer-black

Here is one for using G19/G23 mags in the G26/G27: http://www.cabelas.com/product/ProMag-Glock-Magazine-Spacer/1267808.uts

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
There is at least 1 company that makes an adapter that slides onto the bottom of Glock mags, for use when using a longer magazine in a shorter frame. This fills a lot of that “gap” and I would think it would alleviate any possible issues.

Here is one for using G17/G22 mags in the G26/G27: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-22-magazine-to-fit-glock-26-27-polymer-black

Here is one for using G19/G23 mags in the G26/G27: http://www.cabelas.com/product/ProMag-Glock-Magazine-Spacer/1267808.uts
I love these things. I have one for the G26 to take a 19 mag.

Reactions: cmshoot

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I’ve never used one. Do they fit snugly enough to stay in place while in a mag pouch and during reloads?
Absolutely, theyre rubbery on the inside and intentionally sized to be snug. They will not move unless you pull on it.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Absolutely, theyre rubbery on the inside and intentionally sized to be snug. They will not move unless you pull on it.

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I’m so anal about shit like that I can see me using 5-minute epoxy to permanently lock them in place!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Excellent! Thanks for the info. I’m so anal about shit like that I can see me using 5-minute epoxy to permanently lock them in place!
Hahaha, thats not a bad idea really. But mine have never gave me any trouble from moving around.