New Glock

American Revival Apparel Company

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I've never had an issue with finger grooves on any gun. Either my hands are the size everyone designs gun grips for (I'm 6'5" so I have decent sized hands), or my brain just blocks out the feel of finger grooves because I never even notice them.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I like the G19x, but I won't buy one. It's easy enough to accomplish the same thing with an X-Grip on a G17 magazine.

Reactions: Herk

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
People asked for a G19L for a while...and what does Glock do? Give us exactly the oppisite...a G17S.
HK Glock hates us. And we suck too....

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
HK Glock hates us. And we suck too....
I think differently. I think Glock loves their fanbase, and the love is mutual. For example, Glock could release a Glock 19 this year without the front grip mag cutout, put a fiber optic front sight, and call it G19 Gen 6 and the fans would eat it up. Then you'd hear about how Glock innovated the polymer pistols from their rabid fanbase, and they would mock anyone bashing Glock. At this rate, it will take 30 years for Glock to catch up to current pistols in terms of innovation and features. And I'm not bashing Glock. I think they're fine pistols.

Reactions: Rwjeter

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
People asked for a G19L for a while...and what does Glock do? Give us exactly the oppisite...a G17S.

gotta dump all of those guns they had planned on releasing after they won the military trial lol

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
gotta dump all of those guns they had planned on releasing after they won the military trial lol

The sad part is that they are still contesting it. Just like they did when S&W got the contract with Atlanta PD, and I'm sure they've done it countless other times with other departments as well. They are sore losers and can't take no for an answer.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
The sad part is that they are still contesting it. Just like they did when S&W got the contract with Atlanta PD, and I'm sure they've done it countless other times with other departments as well. They are sore losers and can't take no for an answer.

i mean the contesting it doesn't really surprise me when your talking about a contract of that size. i just laugh as i imagine thats exactly why they came out with the 19x, had all of those plans and then poof, gotta come up with some sort of answer lol.

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
I'm so glad I found this thread: I was starting to think I was the only one on the interwebz who actually thinks that the G19X is dumber than dogshit. I think that Glock invented two things this month: the goofiest idea they've come up with since the .45 GAP and people who say that the G19's grip isn't long enough. Here's a radical idea: put a G17 magazine into the G19. Boom, managed.

Also, here's another vote for a G19L. At this point, I kinda hope that S&W makes a G19L-sized version of the M&P and creates legions of Glock customers who switch to S&W because S&W made the product that Glock was urged to make by their customers for years and years but refused to. Maybe between that gun and the Shield, Glock would start listening to people who want to give them their hard-earned money in exchange for something that they'd actually want.

H

Hoss

I'm so glad I found this thread: I was starting to think I was the only one on the interwebz who actually thinks that the G19X is dumber than dogshit. I think that Glock invented two things this month: the goofiest idea they've come up with since the .45 GAP and people who say that the G19's grip isn't long enough. Here's a radical idea: put a G17 magazine into the G19. Boom, managed.

Also, here's another vote for a G19L. At this point, I kinda hope that S&W makes a G19L-sized version of the M&P and creates legions of Glock customers who switch to S&W because S&W made the product that Glock was urged to make by their customers for years and years but refused to. Maybe between that gun and the Shield, Glock would start listening to people who want to give them their hard-earned money in exchange for something that they'd actually want.
Amen

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I think the G19L is an equally dumb idea. It has legs now because it's a cheap DIY mod, but the minimal benefit in printing is offset by a loss in capacity. It's not as if a G19 has sight radius issues.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I think the G19L is an equally dumb idea. It has legs now because it's a cheap DIY mod, but the minimal benefit in printing is offset by a loss in capacity. It's not as if a G19 has sight radius issues.
G26L is where it’s at.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

Yeah, but you can always carry a G17 mag as a backup, which I think most people who carry a 19 do anyways.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

i kind of chuckle at the idea of needing the sight radius increase to make precision shots with a ccw.

but then again, i'm not totally dismissing it because i don't carry.

i like the g17 sized grip because my pinky hangs off the end of the 19. i traded my 19 for a 17 for this reason. the 17 mag in the 19 doesn't really do anything for me - still feels awkward.

to me the g19x and the g17 are about the same. if i was looking for a gen 5 17 and the 19x was the same price, i might consider it.

Reactions: Kobayashi