M&P Shield

GA Firing Line

Kokopelli

Hunter
Oct 11, 2012
East Tennessee
Hello Folks... On a whim I picked up a M&P Shield recently.. I wasn't really expecting anything spectacular, it was just one of those "spur of the moment" purchases. I took it straight from the gun counter to the range and ran a box of Blazer Brass through it at 7-15-25 yards. That little thing is just about perfect in size to power ratio and man does it shoot. I also bought a DeSantis mini scabbard they had there and I've been carrying it every since. Over the next week I added a set of XS Express (BigDot) sights and fired a hundred more FMJ. I couldn't get the feel for the sights so the following week I ran another hundred FMJ and started to get the hang of them. Since then I've ran about 500 FMJ and 250 carry ammo through it and it's really sweet. It has a great balance, feel in the hand and really carry's well. If you're looking for something in that size, check out the M&P Shield.. JMO.. Ron

R

rayzer007

Glad you joined us again Ron! You have such a great collection of handguns, all of them top shelf!

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Welcome back.

I checked out the Shield a few weeks ago. Man are they hard to get. The LGS has them on back order and they go off the floor real quick.

Thanks for the range report.

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Thanks for the review, Kokopelli.

The Shield is definitely at the top of my want list. (Haven't decided if I'm going to buy the 9 or the 40)

One of the guys that I shoot with bought a Shield, and his opinion mirrors yours. We both have full sized M&Ps, so the Shield only makes sense. (I'm practicing that one to tell my wife :D )

I'll go ahead and say it since noone else has: We like pictures!!!

By the way, I'll be in your neck of the woods this week on business. (Knoxville bound tomorrow)

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Glad to hear you like yours. My wife and I both have one in 9mm and I shoot it a lot at the range and she does when she can get there. Never had a problem with either of them through many rounds. I've done over 1000 and she is not all that far behind me.

Kokopelli

Hunter
Oct 11, 2012
East Tennessee
Thanks Guys.. I'm working on creating a site for all my pics.. Eventually, I'll get it all done.. LOL.. Here's a good pic of the Shield and the XS Sights.. Ron

DSC09127.jpg

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Thanks for posting the pic, Kokopelli.

You really helped me out with the photo; my friend with the Shield that I mentioned in my earlier post has the same sights on his Glock 36. I shot it several months ago and really liked those sights for self defense purposes, but I always forget to ask him what kind they are. Thanks for answering a question I've pondered for months. I want a set for my carry gun now!

Nice holster/mag pouch setup.