Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
lolz. Go click the link. It has an aluminum skeleton and then the rest is polymer.
It looks like the core is aluminum where it counts. I can get with the polymer covers. Aluminium in cold weather sucks. But still.... There are other options that are standards for any precision rifle build that are priced around the same or less.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Yeah? The one I remember looking at in this thread was near $3K. Too much for what I want to do.
There certainly are some pricey ones - Cadex and JAE are up there. Chassis systems and stocks are personal, so get what you like. Thumb up or thumb around shooter?

XLR, Masterpiece Arms (GA company), Manners, Grayboe, KRG, and Accuracy International are the standards for the industry. A couple others as well. Cadex and JAE are top of the line, but you pay for those, although Cadex does have a sub 1k option now.

Figure out what you plan on using it for, how you want stuff to mount (the industry is starting to head towards ARCA rails if you want to get out front of it) and if you like shooting thumb up or not.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
There certainly are some pricey ones - Cadex and JAE are up there. Chassis systems and stocks are personal, so get what you like. Thumb up or thumb around shooter?

XLR, Masterpiece Arms (GA company), Manners, Grayboe, KRG, and Accuracy International are the standards for the industry. A couple others as well. Cadex and JAE are top of the line, but you pay for those, although Cadex does have a sub 1k option now.

Figure out what you plan on using it for, how you want stuff to mount (the industry is starting to head towards ARCA rails if you want to get out front of it) and if you like shooting thumb up or not.

Honestly I have no clue. I bought a Rem 700 in .308 with the hogue overmolded stock (which i hear are not good), it has a nice harris bi-pod and i bought a nice nightforce optic. I want to be able to hit steel at a 1000 yards hopefully.... but also would like to take it out west and hunt with it....needing to reach out 300-600 yards.

Reactions: Rwjeter

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Honestly I have no clue. I bought a Rem 700 in .308 with the hogue overmolded stock (which i hear are not good), it has a nice harris bi-pod and i bought a nice nightforce optic. I want to be able to hit steel at a 1000 yards hopefully.... but also would like to take it out west and hunt with it....needing to reach out 300-600 yards.

Any of the chassis systems mentioned above are good. For around $250 you can pick up a used HS Precision that someone took off their Mil Spec 5R, and that’s a solid stock. Add some weight and a cheekpiece to it for an additional $70 or so and you’re done, but it won’t take detachable mags. Add another $220 for parts and labor, and you’ll have a DBM system.

Cruise the for sale forums and you can pick a chassis up for a deal. I come across them regularly. Thomas Woods at Shadow Hunter Concepts has a like new in the box PDC Customs Gen 4 Comp Chassis for sale. Adjustable cheek and buttstock, thumb rest and barricade stop. Fits a Rem700 SA. $650 shipped.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
If ok spending around a grand, look into the Manners carbon fiber mini chassis stock. Excellent stocks.

@cmshoot mention Thomas Woods at Shadow Hunter (great guy I may add). I know he has the PDC in shop, a couple HS Precisions, 2 or 3 different Manners Carbon Fiber options, and probably some Grayboes. You are more than welcome to handle my MPA as well, but he may be getting some in soon as I know he is becoming a dealer for MPA as well. PM me if you want his info.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
been looking at a basic long range set up myself and have determined this will be my build.

1. buy Bergara HMR
2. add glass
3. go shooting and be done with it

seriously, mini chassis system, detachable mags, decent trigger . . .hits all the check marks without having to drop anything else extra in it

Reactions: Rwjeter

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
been looking at a basic long range set up myself and have determined this will be my build.

1. buy Bergara HMR
2. add glass
3. go shooting and be done with it

seriously, mini chassis system, detachable mags, decent trigger . . .hits all the check marks without having to drop anything else extra in it
Except heavy barrel...

Reactions: cmshoot