Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The Harris is still to gold standard for bipods. The Atlas, Accutac, etc are all great, but the Harris is probably still the best all around bipod.
Yeah, I have always had Harris STYLE bipods. Usually Caldwell or similar. Never had a notched leg. Like the idea for repeatability though.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
That they do. They are life changing. Haha. I have shot off dirt, gravel, tires, concrete, trees, telephone poles, conduit spools, car goods and trunks and more with them. They are fantastic.
They look like they would really dig in when you load your bipod! I’ll be sure to get a set of them as well. Thanks man!

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
That they do. They are life changing. Haha. I have shot off dirt, gravel, tires, concrete, trees, telephone poles, conduit spools and more with them. They are fantastic.
Perfect! Keep the advice coming!

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Perfect! Keep the advice coming!
Gear completely depends on the type of shooting/the rifle's application.

Another item for pretty much all rifles, a good sling. I am partial to the Armageddon Gear precision rifle sling. It's the best on the market IMHO and they are 100% USA made right here in Georgia.

All their stuff is top notch though. Follow em on Facebook and they will put out coupon codes from time to time as Missy or Tom get bored.

http://www.armageddongear.com

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Gear completely depends on the type of shooting/the rifle's application.

Another item for pretty much all rifles, a good sling. I am partial to the Armageddon Gear precision rifle sling. It's the best on the market IMHO and they are 100% USA made right here in Georgia.

All their stuff is top notch though. Follow em on Facebook and they will put out coupon codes from time to time as Missy or Tom get bored.

http://www.armageddongear.com
Yeah, right now it’s just wearing a Quake Claw. Nothing I’d really use to tension down on. Strictly a carry sling.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@dougiemac @Rwjeter, come to the Gun Site Match this Saturday. Finger bang some gear, get behind folks gear and have some fun. Maybe bring some swag and wear SET shirts as well.
I’d LOVE to bro, but this weekend is mine and my wife’s anniversary. And if I want to make it to our 4 year, I probably had better take her somewhere nice! Lol

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Tell her you will be home by 4
That should work perfectly. Lol. We no shit need to meet up soon though. Put some rounds through the 455s. I shot Sunday and it’s starting to group tighter and tighter as it’s getting broken in.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
That should work perfectly. Lol. We no shit need to meet up soon though. Put some rounds through the 455s. I shot Sunday and it’s starting to group tighter and tighter as it’s getting broken in.
Absolutely man. So going with that thought, the rimfire match is next weekend :)

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Looks like I’m late to the party, as usual!

Harris BRM-S with the tension nut replaced by a lever. I own bipods that cost 3x as much and the Harris is a great option for the money.

Nightforce 20MOA rail and rings would be excellent.

Replace the trigger with any of the options mentioned above.

Replace the Hogue stock. Again, great options mentioned above. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the chassis systems with a separate pistol grip on my bolt guns........nothing wrong with them, just a personal choice. If you want a more traditional stock, look at the Grayboe stocks. Of course, Manners and McMillan make outstanding stocks. These options would need to be glass-bedded.

If you go with a Grayboe/Manners/McMillan, I’d recommend replacing the bottom metal with something that takes DBM’s like the AICS mags. CDI Precision and Hawkins both offer excellent DBM systems.

Another stock option is an HS Precision stock with an aluminum bedding block. You can find ones that folks have taken off their Rem700’s for $200-$250.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
@dougiemac @Rwjeter, come to the Gun Site Match this Saturday. Finger bang some gear, get behind folks gear and have some fun. Maybe bring some swag and wear SET shirts as well.

I'd love to but I'm already double booked this Saturday and next.

This Saturday is the IV8888 YouTube Shoot that the SET crew will be there representing as a sponsor.
I also helped sponsor a BBQ & Brews event in Woodstock that Saturday.

Next Saturday is the Truprep Anniversary Party and I am a sponsored judge at a restaurant chef's challenge. So if anyone wants to do the TruPrep party, let me know...I'll make it worth your while.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Looks like I’m late to the party, as usual!

Harris BRM-S with the tension nut replaced by a lever. I own bipods that cost 3x as much and the Harris is a great option for the money.

Nightforce 20MOA rail and rings would be excellent.

Replace the trigger with any of the options mentioned above.

Replace the Hogue stock. Again, great options mentioned above. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the chassis systems with a separate pistol grip on my bolt guns........nothing wrong with them, just a personal choice. If you want a more traditional stock, look at the Grayboe stocks. Of course, Manners and McMillan make outstanding stocks. These options would need to be glass-bedded.

If you go with a Grayboe/Manners/McMillan, I’d recommend replacing the bottom metal with something that takes DBM’s like the AICS mags. CDI Precision and Hawkins both offer excellent DBM systems.

Another stock option is an HS Precision stock with an aluminum bedding block. You can find ones that folks have taken off their Rem700’s for $200-$250.

Thank you! I know you have more hours behind a long range gun than most, so this is very helpful.

Reactions: cmshoot

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@dougiemac @ReservoirDawg10 Sorry I told y’all wrong. Gables has the masterpiece arms competition chassis. I know reservoir dawg has one of his rifles in one. They’re a good looking chassis. But they’re getting about 850 for him.