GA Firing Line

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I currently have this on order.

TYR Tactical™ PICO-PRO Assaulters Plate Carrier

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/pico-pro/pico-pro-assaulters-plate-carrier-t34-armor/

PICO_PRO_FRONTa.jpg

With these plates.
PROTECH Tactical Multi-curve Level IV Stand Alone Rifle Plate
http://www.galls.com/protech-tactic...fle-plate?PMWTNO=000000000002280#.VRrW8eFYRqB

BA.PT.004-2T.jpg

What do you guys think about this set-up? What are you currently using? Pros and cons?

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Very very nice. Lets us all know how it feels and functions when you get it.... What was the price?
Will do. The carrier was /is around 600. I hate to say how much the plates are since they are pretty pricey. I am going to have to save up a little while for them. The carrier is going to be about 120 days before I get it so I should have the money for the plates by then. It is going to be quite a bit but I didn't really want to skimp on something my life may depend on.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The only thing I know about body armor at this point is that I'd like to have some around. Don't know where to start really, nor have I been highly motivated to do so.

Reactions: Bypass

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I want to take some rifle/shotgun classes in the future and I'll need something to hold mags so I figure I'd spend a little extra for a plate carrier.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
All I know is I am gonna be treating people like zombies and taking head shots. The body armor is a good idea as you never know what you will run up against. IEDs and other booby traps can be stopped by armor.

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
All I know is I am gonna be treating people like zombies and taking head shots. The body armor is a good idea as you never know what you will run up against. IEDs and other booby traps can be stopped by armor.
It takes a extra second to line up for a head shot and the head is still moving around. Body shots are the quickest and easiest thing for most of your average shooters to do. The Body armor buys you time to make your own shot. Just my 2 cents. Every fraction of a second counts.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Agreed. Not saying every shot will easy. There will be situations when a head shot is not the answer. The armor will buy you time for sure. Not saying it is unnecessary. I can't say what I would encounter, but I will be sure to eliminate a threat so it is not a concern.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
When engaging threats, I typically double tap the torso and one shot the heads. If in a distance situation, I typically like to aim center mass and higher. If I have a head shot, I am gonna shoot there first. Even a miss buys you time cause the BG is gonna stay down.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I'm running a Condor Plate Carrier with some steal plates. Heavy as hell but I didn't buy them for all day use. My set up goes like this:

Battle belt with USP, 3 USP mags, 4 AR mags, knife, medical equipment

and then if needed I can put on the Plate Carrier with the plates and 4 more AR mags.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I'm running a Condor Plate Carrier with some steal plates. Heavy as hell but I didn't buy them for all day use. My set up goes like this:

and then if needed I can put on the Plate Carrier with the plates and 4 more AR mags.
Nice. Now if you'll only put that lovely ginger woman back as your avatar!

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code

Sounds like a great set-up bro. Those plate/carriers are great for going on a jog as well. I just wish I wasn't so fat and out of shape. I need to put mine on and go for a nice long walk.