LC9 or CW9 ???

American Revival Apparel Company
A

AquaHull

I went to the hardware and Dave has LC9's for $359.99, with the Ruger warranty.

The used/unfired Kahr won't have a warranty with me, and I've been reading about things not working right from the factory.

Both the Ruger and the Kahr. At least Ruger pays for shipping there no matter who owns it.

The big question is, what would be wrong in going with the LC9 over the CW9?

Is one that much better than the other?

R

rayzer007

Whichever one floats your boat Tom! I preferred the looks and feel of the Kahr. Each man chooses his own poison. Can't go wrong either way!

Ray

A

AquaHull

I'd go with the Kahr if it had the warranty, looking the LC9 over I don't much care for the infernal lock or mag disconnect safety, or LCI stovepipe, or the frame safety. The Kahr has none of those. That's why I didn't bring cash or plastic to the hardware store, I would have come home with the LC

R

rayzer007

You probably won't need any warranty ... there are more problems with the CM9 because of it's smaller size.
I cut an old piece of inner tube from a bike shop and pulled it over the grip - a world of difference, great grip feel now. Of course, you could do that with the LC9 too!
I thought the trigger pull was nicer on the Kahr also,
Ray

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
I agree that the trigger pull is much nicer on the Kahr. I know that some of you here, and on other forums, really like the LC9, but I just can't used to its trigger pull. Of course, as noted in a separate post, that might be because I also have a Kahr Stainless Elite, which has a really nice, smooth trigger on it.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
That LC9 trigger pull is a sticking point. A lot of dry firiing made mine much better, but expectations exceed what it is. If I didn't like the rest of the gun so much, I wouldn't have put the effort in and just bought a Kahr.

A

AquaHull

I bought some Trijicon HD's GL101O and some food for my Glock, gun money is gone until Elsie is back from the vacation in Arizona and sold.

D

Denny4kids

I would pass on both. Their triggers belong on a pocket weapon and both the LC9 and CW9 are too big. Den

A

AquaHull

Lots of issues on both that I know about since joining the Kahr forum. Plus Kahr makes you pay the freight on next day air for warranty, which is pure BS since it may take a couple times to get them running right.

After the front sight falling off the 10/22, and all the BBQ paint on the inside of the receiver, that's strike 1.

The LCP is in for slide peening is strike 2. It'll be back on Tuesday, wanting another $100 -$150 in ammo to proof it out again.

So I'll have close to $300 in carry ammo for proofing into a gun I paid $260 for. $50 more is all I paid for my used Glock 19 that has run flawless for 5000+ rounds for me with no signs of letting up.

I have a 6 week old SR-22PB that I'm putting the test to, if it passes Ruger will stay in the game. If it fails , that'll be strike 3.

I'm a former baseball player, so that's means Ruger will be out of the game forever. I read that Kahr gives it's polymer frame pistols a 6000 round expectancy.

I'll need to detail strip my Glock at 6K.

My used P3AT has hundreds of rounds thru it and it shows very little wear, is cheaper and lighter and shoots straighter, at least for me.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
OK. I have been checking in on you guys from time to time but AquaHull caused me to make a comment. I agree with all that you posted except the complaint about $100 - $150 to proof LCP. You know that is fun and an excuse to go shooting. :p