Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
A few years back, here in SC, the NRA pushed hard for a bill that would prohibit employers from banning firearms in employee cars when on company property.

I'm not a fan of anyone who tries to infringe on property rights.

Reactions: bearpugh

bearpugh

Hunter
R.I.P.
Aug 24, 2015
temple,ga
A few years back, here in SC, the NRA pushed hard for a bill that would prohibit employers from banning firearms in employee cars when on company property.

meanie

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

That's a tough one. You value private property rights over your second amendment rights? I've never really put much thought into this..

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
That's a tough one. You value private property rights over your second amendment rights? I've never really put much thought into this..
It's not a matter of valuing one over the other in my opinion. Any private property owner should be able to ban pretty much whatever they want on their private property. You're free to either comply to the owners wishes or choose not to enter their property.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I'm just an asshole who wants people to leave me the fuck alone.
Your 'rights' do not extend to my private property. The constitution only protects your rights from the government, it does not universally guarantee them.

Reactions: sewerman68

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
It's not a matter of valuing one over the other in my opinion. Any private property owner should be able to ban pretty much whatever they want on their private property. You're free to either comply to the owners wishes or choose not to enter their property.

You're vehicle is an extension of your home and still your private property no matter whose private property it is parked on.

Banning legally owned guns stored in your vehicle is no different than banning band aids or tampons stored in your vehicle.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
You're vehicle is an extension of your home and still your private property no matter whose private property it is parked on.

Banning legally owned guns stored in your vehicle is no different than banning band aids or tampons stored in your vehicle.
right. So does one give up all rights when they step on someone's property?

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code

I would agree that no legal charges could be filed simply because you have a gun in your vehicle, but I would respect a businesses right to say we don't allow guns on are property and we'll fire you if we find out you have one in your vehicle. Although I wouldn't work for or patronage such business.

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
right. So does one give up all rights when they step on someone's property?
You still have all your legal rights you just don't have a right to trespass. If you're doing something the property owner doesn't like they should be able to ask you to leave. If you don't you're trespassing.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
You still have all your legal rights you just don't have a right to trespass. If you're doing something the property owner doesn't like they should be able to ask you to leave. If you don't you're trespassing.
I understand that and it makes sense. The vehicle part is where it gets blurry for me legally.

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I understand that and it makes sense. The vehicle part is where it gets blurry for me legally.

I don't agree with the vehicle being a extension. I couldn't pull up in your driveway and say hey me and the old lady are gonna make babies in the back of my van here and you can't do shit cause technically I'm in an extension of my home.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I work for a company that bans guns on their property, even in your car, and it's supposedly legal because we park in a secured lot.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I work for a company that bans guns on their property, even in your car, and it's supposedly legal because we park in a secured lot.
It doesn't sound very fucking secure

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I don't agree with the vehicle being a extension. I couldn't pull up in your driveway and say hey me and the old lady are gonna make babies in the back of my van here and you can't do shit cause technically I'm in an extension of my home.
Agree or disagree, the state of Georgia recognizes your vehicle as an extension of your home. You have the right to refuse to allow someone's home extension on your property if you wish. So no baby making unless you allow them to be there.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
You could argue that when they ban you from having a weapon in your vehicle they are essentially stripping you of your rights on your way to and from work. As well as anywhere you may have to stop on the way.

If I had a job that banned me from having a weapon in my vehicle I'd find another job. In the mean time, I'd put it in my console vault and they can suck it.

Reactions: freedom