Just ordered the Remora micro for LCP

Howard Law

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
LOL Rich, actually just a pair of shorts with the gun inside against the skin. As I mentioned, the shorts were not tightly drawn. I think that I will clean the holster with soap and water and then alcohol and see if the sticky substance improves. Regardless, I think the new holster will be a improvement in size and the extra security for summer wear.

R

rayzer007

davevabch said:
LOL Rich, actually just a pair of shorts with the gun inside against the skin. As I mentioned, the shorts were not tightly drawn. I think that I will clean the holster with soap and water and then alcohol and see if the sticky substance improves. Regardless, I think the new holster will be a improvement in size and the extra security for summer wear.

The Remora does need some tension on it to function properly (drawstring, tight pocket, or belt). The Micro is very small and the clip (reversible) is strong. I have one for my snubs and have been very satisfied with it.

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
The Micro was just what the doctored ordered. I really like this small light weight little holster. One thing I do not like on any of the clips is the color black. I wear a brown belt and the Black Metal clip sticks out like a sore thumb. I am thinking of sanding it down and painting it brown to match my belt. (I'm surprised no holsters have thought of this before.) Any ideas on how to paint it?

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Found a can of Rustoleum at K-mart in the right color. Painted it and was very surprised to see how well it adhered to the metal. I did not sand.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I doubt the paint will last a long time. If scratched it will come off over time. Just clean and sand if needed and paint again. You only need to paint the part that shows on the belt. Those metal clips predominantly come in chrome or black. Don't really see various colors.