I want a Zip gun!

GA Firing Line
M

mukwah

Pretty neat Verti! Be fun to play around with! Lot of possibilities there!

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I find that gun design interesting and I would like to see a lot more about it just to satisfy my curiosity. However, based on what I've seen in the videos I think it is totally impractical and not something I'd care to buy.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
If I see one I'd be real tempted to pick it up except like Skip, I've not seen anything positive about these things being able to run even a little.

max

Hunter
Jul 16, 2013
Northern Idaho
Dont waste your time the thing is piece of junk had one could never get it to fire without jamming so I traded it for an HP 22 not one issue with the new gun.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Dang! I thought it was going to be about a classic zip gun. The sort a fellow had when I was a kid. He took a car antenna, a wooden block and a nail and wired this mess together. He put it in a metal vise, loaded up a 22 Short round. Then using a long piece of wire he jerk the tube and it went bang. The barrel blew off, we cleaned the mess up and swore a blood oath never to rat him out to his Dad.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Did you ever make the tennis ball bazookas out of the old steel pop cans and lighter fluid? Then one of us discovered the joy of using white rain hairspray. Good times when you are a kid. I wouldn't do it now though! Lots of fun and stupid.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
When I was very young and much stupider than now, I and my friends used to have battles with Coke-bottle cannons. We'd light a standard firecracker and toss it into the bottle and then quickly stuff a rock into the neck of the bottle and point it - sometimes at another in the group. Fortunately, nobody in our group of idiots ever got seriously hurt.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
SkipD said:
When I was very young and much stupider than now, I and my friends used to have battles with Coke-bottle cannons. We'd light a standard firecracker and toss it into the bottle and then quickly stuff a rock into the neck of the bottle and point it - sometimes at another in the group. Fortunately, nobody in our group of idiots ever got seriously hurt.

Firecracker in a glass bottle with a rock trumps pop can bazooka every single time!

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
bigdogdaddy said:
SkipD said:

Firecracker in a glass bottle with a rock trumps pop can bazooka every single time!
Fortunately we all survived those little moments. Which always gave cause to a certain bit of paranoia concerning my own kids when they were out playing with their own friends at that age. Fortunately they survived.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Slowhand said:
Fortunately we all survived those little moments. Which always gave cause to a certain bit of paranoia concerning my own kids when they were out playing with their own friends at that age. Fortunately they survived.

When our kids were growing up through those times I sometimes made the mistake of telling them how stupid some of the things I did were when I was their age. I think it just taught them some more goofy things to do that they hadn't thought of. At least they are grown and healthy today.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
SkipD said:
Slowhand said:

When our kids were growing up through those times I sometimes made the mistake of telling them how stupid some of the things I did were when I was their age. I think it just taught them some more goofy things to do that they hadn't thought of. At least they are grown and healthy today.
No way in heck was I telling my kids some of the things that we did when we were kids. My fearless younger brother, took a dive off the garage roof wearing a crudely fashioned Superman Cape. We used to go down by a river and swing into it off grapevines imitating Tarzan. There were loads of bruises and a few broken bones but most of us survived.