Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Which part, it passing before my stamp would come back or being able to pick it up right away when the law goes into effect?
The other part of the bill also addresses giving refunds to tax stamp holders. I, for one, think this will be a sticking point with the ATF. They have spent many man hours including overtime trying to get current forms passed. If they lose this revenue, you can bet your ass they will find another way to make it up!

Reactions: DoglegArms

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Oh I'm not waiting, I'm saving up for that Dobbs can and will get it as soon as I got the funds together. I meant more along the lines of when the law starts making real progress.

For example it passes in say September but doesn't go into effect till January. If you buy in Sept but have to wait 8 months for the paperwork it would suck when the law has passed to get rid of the wait.

I don't think it will pass the first 100 days but I suspect it will in his first year.
Try maybe his 2nd or 3rd year. He has got many other bigger fish on his plate and remember money talks and BS walks!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
" fly by night people showing up to get in on the surge " quote by Mac11FA

Do you mean every FFL that can now sell suppressors?

Or do you mean new 07FFL/SOTs that WILL be paying ITAR on top of their $500 annual SOT to manufacture last year's proven designs. That's $150+$500+$2250+business overhead just to get started. Add machinery or subcontract(variance) costs & you will see there is no quick buck$ to be made vs initial outlay.

Keep in mind, there will also be people like me, that have knowledge, capability & the particular set of skills needed to legally make my own, which will not be offered for sale.

Just like 80% firearms, there will be 80% suppressors available. Heck, they already are available, just simple designs.

I think the end result of HPA passing will be a new dawn of innovation in suppressor design, as people will pay the most, for the best! The same old shit just isn't going to sell, except to the uninformed, the ignorant & the impatient guys. Leaders will still lead, followers will still follow the herd.
If they repeal it, suppressors would be sold like any other firearms.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Try maybe his 2nd or 3rd year. He has got many other bigger fish on his plate and remember money talks and BS walks!
Well let's not forget that it isn't trump who writes it. I think with as much attention it's gotten, the NRA support, and a couple other things we may see congress push it through. Especially as a way to spite democrats.

Reactions: karlvv and Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well let's not forget that it isn't trump who writes it. I think with as much attention it's gotten, the NRA support, and a couple other things we may see congress push it through. Especially as a way to spite democrats.
I truly hope you are correct! I try not to be pessimistic about things, but don't want to jinx it!

Reactions: karlvv

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I truly hope you are correct! I try not to be pessimistic about things, but don't want to jinx it!
I'm with you. I've heard from various people that the "plan" is to tuck it into another bill. We also have to remember that Trumps son is a gun guy and hopefully we start hearing more about him fighting for gun rights soon.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I'm with you. I've heard from various people that the "plan" is to tuck it into another bill. We also have to remember that Trumps son is a gun guy and hopefully we start hearing more about him fighting for gun rights soon.
Dude, shouldn't you be watching the game??

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code

Trump has already proved that he is not afraid to piss people off. He may just do this to spite the snowflakes.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I think dealers and manufacturers need to walk a fine line with this sort of message. I realize that this 'pre HPA' window of time will be painful for them, but a "the sky is falling" marketing message may not be the best idea. If there are dealers/manufacturers who are purposely not supporting the bill in an effort to protect the status quo and their own business, it could hurt sales even worse.

I don't think manufacturing delays will be as pronounced as some are predicting. The smarter companies are backing the legislation and planning their production ramp up at the same time. Silencerco is a big supporter, and I'm sure they are planning accordingly. There are also plenty of machine shops capable of producing suppressors. Many simply haven't been willing to jump through the current government hoops to become a licensed manufacturer, but they will ramp up quickly after the restrictions have been lifted.

Personally, I remain unaffected by it all. I'm simply not a buyer under the current laws and cost structure, and I will only become a buyer after (if) HPA passes. I've waited this long, and waiting a little longer doesn't bother me. I do hope that Dogleg and and others are able to weather the short term storm and structure their businesses for strong profitability under a (hopefully) freer market.

I don't think anyone is preaching "the sky is falling". We're saying if you are in the market to buy a silencer, don't wait for a bill to pass into law. Bills change and HPA will be no different. Half of my customers are first time silencer buyers that don't know or don't care how about the process. These are also the same customers who hear from a friend about HPA and looks it up and sees the great things HPA will do. They do not realize this is simply a bill being introduced and there's about a million other things that have to happen before you can walk into a gun store and purchase a silencer like a Glock.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That almost seems like a reason to wait. I would be pissed to be a month in and then have people walk out the same day while I'm stuck waiting.
If you start the process now, I'll swear on the foreskin of baby jesus that you'll have your can before any legislation becomes law. Looking at averages, let's say this thing sails through and both houses pass it with very little drama. Ok, so it's passed on January 1, 2018 and becomes law July 1, 2018. That's still a year and a half from today if things go more smoothly than they ever do.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
If you start the process now, I'll swear on the foreskin of baby jesus that you'll have your can before any legislation becomes law. Looking at averages, let's say this thing sails through and both houses pass it with very little drama. Ok, so it's passed on January 1, 2018 and becomes law July 1, 2018. That's still a year and a half from today if things go more smoothly than they ever do.

You get yours yet?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I get that, and I plan on getting my can as soon as I have the funds regardless of the HPA. Hopefully I'll have the money saved up in a couple months to go ahead with it. Then I'll just hangout at @DoglegArms door to fondle it every week because I suck at waiting.